I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...

Discus and support I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought MW3 last night. When I try to play it just tells me that I need to buy vault edition. Thats what I bought but it still tells me to buy it. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Austin Brieaddy, Dec 24, 2023.

1. I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...

I bought MW3 last night. When I try to play it just tells me that I need to buy vault edition. Thats what I bought but it still tells me to buy it. I don't understand why this is happening

:)

Austin Brieaddy, Dec 24, 2023
  2. iHaveHobbitFeet Win User

Will it be possible to upgrade from mw2 vault edition to mw3 vault edition on xbox series s ?

I own mw2 vault edition, and I was wandering will it be possible to upgrade to mw3, as it gives me the option to upgrade or will I have to purchase the whole new game ?
    I assume you are talking about the "MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade".

If so all that does is upgrade people who already bought the digital crossplay edition ($70 version) of MW3 and want to upgrade that ti the vault edition.

If you dont already own the digital crossplay version of MW3 then the upgrade won't do anything at all for you.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I only bought the vault upgrade from MW3 without MW3 just WZ and MW2 and I don't have the rewards.

Maybe what I did was something very dumb but I thought I can get the MW2 rewards like the zombie ghost and then the weapons in Battle royale later just by buying the vault upgrade. My question here is I need the full game to claim the upgrade or I need to wait or it was something else.
    You definitely need mw3. All you bought was the vault edition upgrade which is for people who already have the standard edition of mw3 and wanted to upgrade to the vault edition.

So without owning the standard edition of mw3 the vault edition upgrade is essentially useless to you.
  4. Marc Saiger Win User

MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade

Hi there!

I just purchased the Vault edition upgrade for MW3 through the Microsoft store on a Series X.

I am playing MW3 through game sharing with my brothers account, who bought the base game.

After reading your reply I went forward and bought it - now, yesterday as well as today I haven‘t gotten any of the unlocks, no operators, nothing.

I have deinstalled and installed the game as well yesterday, even installed the vault edition pack but after the download today it still says I can get the operators with the 110€ Vault edition. When I check the Vault edition upgrade on the MW3 in game store, it says „owned“. Unfortunately, I still don‘t have any of the packs skins/weapons.

Any idea on what to do? Should I refund the purchase and buy it again..?

Best regards,

Marc
  5. KindGryphon Win User

So I purchase. The modern warfare 3 upgraded version, but I don't have modern warfare, 3 do I need modern warfare 3 to be upgraded like I only have war zone, so do I need the modern warfare 3?

L contact [mod removed]
    Yes you would need to purchase the digital crossplay version of mw3 in order for the vault edition upgrade to work.

The vault edition upgrade simply upgrades the digital crossplay version of mw3 to the vault edition.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

My "Just for you"Sale that was at 70% disappeared and now is 20%?

I have absolutely the same issue. Bought standard edition, the store offered me the Vault Edition (discount for 22 days and wrote "just for you"). I refunded the standard edition. Just for you offer lasted for 2 days after that and then disappeared, the moment I wanted to buy it.

Now, the New Year discounts are off and I have to buy the game for the full price.

Note: nother it was stated that it was an upgrade! They offered the full Vault Edition with the 72% discount!
    Not sure what the issue is? You had the Standard edition, were offered an upgrade of the standard edition to the vault edition...when you refunded the standard edition, you were no longer eligible for the offer as you no longer had the game to upgrade from.

I didn't see the upgrade offer personally so can't say for sure if it said upgrade somewhere in it. To be honest, there was no way they were going to offer the vault edition for 72% off less than 2 months post release given the number of people still buying it.

I've just looked on the MWII page and it says:

"Existing Modern Warfare® II Digital Cross-Gen Bundle owners can upgrade to the Vault Edition as part of a limited time offer."

That would be the upgrade offer

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-ii-vault-edition/
Thema:

I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...

1. I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I... - Similar Threads - bought mw3 last

2. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  3. So today in mw3 I bought cd and bought a operator but I accidently refunded the cod points...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So today in mw3 I bought cd and bought a operator but I accidently refunded the cod points...: Mw3. Well I get to keep my operator I bought because I accidently refunded my cod points I already used what we'll happen? 3bfe24b3-1f27-4542-80ce-7ee0c042adf1
  4. I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 65473f14-799e-4336-a818-510f85e39a63
  5. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  6. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  7. I bought the disc for mw3 and the first one and it’s telling me I have to pay for it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the disc for mw3 and the first one and it’s telling me I have to pay for it again: I bought the disc for mw3 and modern warfare and it’s telling me I have to pay for it again 37ef9160-de96-45cb-804a-ac0ce185d514
  8. If I bought mw3 on xbox can I play it on pc if so how

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I bought mw3 on xbox can I play it on pc if so how: How do I play mw3 on pc if I have on xbox 4c8329b9-0cde-48bd-b4d9-df89dc99c933
  9. I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade...: I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade for her account her xbox series x is my home xbox so why is she not getting the vault edition items...
  10. I just bought the $30 vault edition upgrade for Mw3, do you really need the digital version...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought the $30 vault edition upgrade for Mw3, do you really need the digital version...: I hope i didnt pay $30 for nothing, if there isnt a way for it to work because I have the disk could i refund it? 21a5bcd7-e719-4134-aea9-ae91414d8620