I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start

Discus and support I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I downloaded the base game through Xbox game pass a few days ago, and I loved it (I want to be clear; when playing the base game it worked PERFECTLY... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ace4225, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Ace4225
    Ace4225 Guest

I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start

I downloaded the base game through Xbox game pass a few days ago, and I loved it (I want to be clear; when playing the base game it worked PERFECTLY even at max graphics settings on my rig), so I went and bought Ultimate so I could have all the DLC and VIP
    extras.

Now every time I start up the game, it doesn't get past the initial splash screen before crashing. No error message, just quits within 3-5 seconds. Since I've dealt with games crashing on start before, I thought "no sweat", went to Google and searched for some
    fixes. Naturally, I found quite a few very quickly, though I thought it was odd that the majority of issues seemed to be related to apps (including antivirus?) running in the background.

I systematically tried all of them. Tried (cold) restarting my machine. Made sure Windows and my drivers were up to date. Tried resetting, then fully uninstalling/reinstalling (which was a pain considering we were now talking about an 80GB game). Tried closing
    all background apps including Windows Defender. Tried signing out and back into Xbox Live (twice). Even tried defragging (twice; before and after reinstalling) for good measure.

NOTHING. The game still crashes at the splash screen in seconds. And all I did was add the DLC. Before purchasing Ultimate and installing the DLC and VIP add-ons, I had no issues. The game ran fine every time I started it and I was quite impressed with how
    well-optimized it was even on my older CPU.

I don't even have a VPN, so we don't need to go there.

It seems I'm in need of another solution.

My basic specs:

- Windows 10 Pro build 18363.752

- AMD FX 8150 8-core @ 3.6ghz

- 16GB DDR3 @ 2133mhz

- NVidia Founder's Edition GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

:)

Ace4225, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Ace4225 Win User

Can someone PLEASE help me with this?

I don't want a refund; I want to play this game.

I have also tried reverifying my account, ran chkdsk and manually scanned with antivirus. Read about an issue with AMD FX CPUs in Windows 10 where Win10 doesn't identify the proper number of processor cores, and fixed that.

I STILL can't get this game to start past the splash screen.
  3. Jadigafer7 Win User

What is the best game on game pass?

I first discovered Forza Horizon 4 through Gamepass when it launched over a year ago. I liked it so much that I bought the Ultimate Edition after playing it through Gamepass first, and now it is basically the only game I have been playing the past year.
  4. pauligr Win User

Can't sign in XBox with error 0x8015DC0B

Yeah, I'm on Win 10, bought Forza 7 and Horizon 3, ultimate editions, not cheap games, mind you. Of course i was going to buy Horizon 4, but now I'm not sure I will. If Microsoft can't fix this for days now, then it should just stop selling games through
    Windows shop or whatever it's called for UAH.
  5. Frank Wang 67567 Win User

Can not start forza horizon 5 on xbox serious s

Yes. Other games are OK.

Forza horizon 4 is OK too. But I bought it.

And Forza horizon 5 uses Game Pass.

I can start Forza 5 on my PC, can not start on Xbox serious S.
  6. VIP3Rwes Win User

Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass

Same here only I had the game pass for a couple weeks.

Tried Horizon 4 with the game pass, then bought Horizon 4 from the store.

And now it won't start anymore because my game pass subscription ended.
Thema:

1. I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start - Similar Threads - bought Forza Horizon

2. i bought forza horizon 4 on steam can i play it on windows 11 microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought forza horizon 4 on steam can i play it on windows 11 microsoft store: i bought Forza horizon 4 on steam can i play it on windows 11 Microsoft store, please guide 1412602f-c902-41fb-8fd7-da3a4010bf38
  3. I just bought Xbox Game Pass Core, but I can't play Forza horizon 5 or other games that is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought Xbox Game Pass Core, but I can't play Forza horizon 5 or other games that is...: I have Forza Horizon 3-5 and 4 and 5 isn't available and it keeps telling me that I need to renew my subscription when I already have Game pass Core, I really want to play but I can't. Please help...
  4. Just bought Forza Horizon 5 and when I click install, it literally does nothing. Any other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Forza Horizon 5 and when I click install, it literally does nothing. Any other...: Just bought the game and nothing happens when I try to install it. Already reset my Xbox many times, I have plenty of storage, tried it on two different networks. Tried it even from my Xbox app....
  5. I bought my xbox series x from gamestop with the forza horizon 5 bundle and I redeemed it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought my xbox series x from gamestop with the forza horizon 5 bundle and I redeemed it...: Please help I redeemed my bundle later because I wanted to play starfield and I went back in to redeem it today and it said success but it's not showing up in my library or queue...
  6. I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium and my forza online is grayed, please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium and my forza online is grayed, please help: I bought Forza Horizon 5 Premium and my forza online is grayed, out. I've tried redownloading, checking my ban history (I haven't been banned) turning on all x box settings (including the You can...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 bought on Steam, now deleted from microsoft. "You may not proceed without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 bought on Steam, now deleted from microsoft. "You may not proceed without...: I bought Forza Horizon 5 on my Steam account and connected it to my Microsoft account. I've had the game since launch but now all of a sudden when I try to play it tells me "You may not proceed...
  8. I bought forza horizon 5 yesterday and launched it. It launched quickly but when i got on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought forza horizon 5 yesterday and launched it. It launched quickly but when i got on...: I bought forza horizon 5 and launched it and it launched fairly fast but when i got on the game it started pausing the audio every second and was super laggy. 1fb39e38-3dfa-4a41-ab31-ec5e4cd09121
  9. I have an xbox y bought it used and have de forza horizon bundle but is already claimed how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an xbox y bought it used and have de forza horizon bundle but is already claimed how...: I have an xbox y bought it used and have de forza horizon bundle but is already claimed how do i can claim it? In my account, it’s say that si claimed . 0b9b5bba-f2cf-47ce-812d-6ecfe096050c
  10. Ive bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam, can i buy the dlc in the Microsoft Store and play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam, can i buy the dlc in the Microsoft Store and play it...: So ive bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam last year and now a friend of mine gifted me an xbox giftcard.Id like to buy myself the dlc for forza horizon but i dont know if its compatible for the steam...