I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...

Discus and support I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, to whom this may concern: I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Enrique Bisetti, Jul 21, 2023.

1. I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...

Hello, to whom this may concern:

I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected".

I don't see a "repair" or "fix" option, I don't understand what is wrong, because another game I play, WarZone, works perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing a response to my problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

KR

EB

:)

Enrique Bisetti, Jul 21, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected"

Hey Enrique!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Microsoft Flight Simulator game. I am here to help.

Gamer Educational-Depth248 posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"Settings>Apps>Apps and Features, and scroll down the list o apps and games until you find the one you are looking for, click on it, and click 'reset' This will require an install from a game pass or the Microsoft store, but you are only installing a small amount of the game's actual storage, so it will take about 5 minutes."

Try to perform the following steps above to see if it works.

Reference link: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected"

most of microsofts games are encrypted, simply cloning a drive wont work, you would have to do a full clone of the drive then make that drive the same drive letter as the previous one, and even then it may not work.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Will any SSD be compatible with the Xbox Series S?

basically it has to be an expensive proprietory ssd that is basically a version of m.2 nvme.
  5. Ismar Avdic Win User

compatibility MSFS 2020

Well, that would best option as you mentioned however I'll be straight with you. I am a professional corporate pilot and I do have a new Airplane assigned Longitude 700 (apparently MSFS 2020 Deluxe Premium version has it) and really getting new systems, especially G5000 differences the best option is really commercial Training software that really is not available for any of plane. So laptop is the best option for moving machines around and using downtime to cover systems. I just hope that all options and buttons and G5000 screens and options are functional in MSFS 2020, Longitude type.

If you have a better and more portable gaming laptop that will run MSFS 2020, and get limited upgrade options, I'll definitely jump on it right away.

Thanks
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Why is fh5 stuttering so much

are you running it on a nvme ssd as that game requires a fast nvme ssd to run.
Thema:

I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...

1. I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open... - Similar Threads - bought larger SSD

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  9. Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains: Microsoft Inc. Buys Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai Domains, Signaling Commitment To AI in Gaming submitted by /u/Popular-Sympathy-696 [link] [comments]
  10. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...