I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...

Discus and support I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The old Gamertag: 26; what i changed it to; ; the tag i got: 8645. Please Help! 07bce97f-09fc-4b47-bd1c-4aa0496f5cf1 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KeithyBoii, Oct 15, 2023.

1. KeithyBoii
    KeithyBoii Guest

I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...

The old Gamertag: 26; what i changed it to; ; the tag i got: 8645. Please Help!

:)

KeithyBoii, Oct 15, 2023
  2. Fishdudedk6757 Win User

I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me change it back? i do not want to pay the 10 dollars.

Usernames have 4 numbers at the end normally. it's not a new thing. ngocphi explained why they introduced these 4 numbers at the end. for example my 4 numbers is 6757
  3. ngocphi Win User

I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me change it back? i do not want to pay the 10 dollars.

Well regardless of if you pay or not you will get a random set of hashtag

The reason for it is because its taken

If you didn't want the hashtag you shouldn't have accepted

It means someone already took it which 2 others have either use a different spelling and no spaces and caps doesnt make it different you MUST actually make it different and pay for it and watch to see if it gicea you a hashtag

If you want a different one

We could always go back to the old system where if the name is taken you just can't have it

This is the reason for the hashtag since people wanted names already taken without respelling or waiting for expiry that may or may not come
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag

5. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Gamertag

Hiya Sykon,

Thank you for contacting Forum support.

Unfortunately, we here on forums cannot look into this kind of information nor can we release any Gamer Tags.

The most I can recommend is for you to attempt to reclaim the gamer tag every once and awhile before someone else (How to
    change your Xbox gamertag
    ).

Hope this helps.
  6. xx DOG FART xx Win User

Forced gamertag Change

My gamertag was tagged as offensive. Like 90% of the gamertag tags out there, they could be considered offensive to someone somewhere. Now Xbox generated a new tag for me and in order to change the tag to something of my choosing, I must pay10.00, what
    kind of crap is that. This is wrong, I should have had an opportunity to change it to something of my choosing free of charge. Shame on you xbox, your acting like the big banks now.
Thema:

1. I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me... - Similar Threads - attempted change gamertag

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  4. My Xbox one takes multiple attempts to connect to the internet. My TV connects just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one takes multiple attempts to connect to the internet. My TV connects just fine.: My Xbox one takes multiple attempts to connect to the internet. My TV connects just fine. Is this a problem with a setting. Most of the time I want to say it automatically connected, but not...
  5. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  6. security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account: I recently changed the phone number linked to my Microsoft account, since then I have been unable to sign into my xbox account, I can login to my Microsoft account on my phone and computer with no...
  7. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  8. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...
  9. How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...: How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to be able to share my gamepass with my second xbox. Any help would be great!! TIA!!...
  10. I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected...: I was able to successfully change my gamertag (system said so), but I ran into problems immediately after. My new gamertag wouldn't display and it's still the case now. An Independent Advisor...