I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

Discus and support I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Benjamin Alonso1, Jan 1, 2024.

1. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?

:)

Benjamin Alonso1, Jan 1, 2024
  2. MikeyGarcia Win User

DLC isn’t registering

Yep it’s installed on my internal hard drive and shows that it’s purchased both in the Microsoft store and in game store, when I try and download in game store it says I need to install it so I check and it’s already installed
  3. ChadSnyder1 Win User

Help, I can't install the xbox app and I get error code 0x80073cfe every time I try

Ran the SFC and got no errors, ran the DISM and rebooted. Opened the xbox app and it says I need to install gaming services, when I click the button to do so it just freezes on installing. When I open Microsoft Store and check the updates I see that the gaming services update failed with the 0x80073CFE error code.
  4. TomW088888 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator

I tried all of the solutions none worked so i went and unistalled the games through settings/apps/appsandfeatures and then i redownloaded it through microsoft store and i still have the same problem although now it never says game is already open it just flashes on the opening screen then goes when i try to open the app
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?

Hi Benjamin! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft game.

Based on your description, the system has detected that your account is a child account.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older. Even if you change your date of birth, the system will still detect the original date of birth you registered upon the account's first creation.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your child/main account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer" and your child/main account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account in your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's maturity settings using your adult account. Here's how:

Sign in using your adult/organizer account on account.microsoft.com > family settings > Find your child account's name and click More options > Manage the parental settings for your account.

> Turn off Needs organizer approval to buy things toggle.

> Deny purchase requests through email, turn on Email me when they get stuff toggle.

> Set your Maturity settings to adult.

Once you're done, try to launch the games again using your main account.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. RoseMonkey Win User

I think my Xbox app is corrupted, but I can find it in my apps to repair it.

When I try to install through an external instal it says hard error, if I try to access the Xbox app files and the store it says it's overrun..
Thema:

I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

1. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need... - Similar Threads - installed games through

2. Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?: Every time i try and install it it says content failed to load and i already made a Ubisoft account for this. So does anyone know whats going on? b1cb416a-1efa-475a-84e5-9ae18b545528
  3. Can someone guide me through the installation of Xbox on a pc to play games online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone guide me through the installation of Xbox on a pc to play games online?: Need help to understand if Xbox can be played on a pc in order to play online. I am trying to install and received a message that it is not applicable for my Region. I live in Puerto Rico and will...
  4. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  5. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  6. Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002: I cannot install MS Flight Sim w/Xbox Game Pass on Win11. Gives an error in the Install Queue (Error 0x80070002). No other information given. I do have other Xbox Game Pass games installed ~8...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. How do I make a desktop shortcut of a game installed through the Windows Store ??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I make a desktop shortcut of a game installed through the Windows Store ??: I have just recently installed Starfield through the Microsoft Store app, I can see it when I press the Windows key and it gives me the option also to make a Taskbar shortcut but I cannot find any...
  9. Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App.: I have gone through every forum post and reddit thread that has anything to do with this issue. At this point i have done everything you could possibly do with the Gaming Services, whether it be...
  10. No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC: I having been trying for days to get games to install with no success from the Xbox app. I recently installed and SSD and installed Halo Infinite, Solasta and Gears Tactics with no problems. Now...