I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles".

Discus and support I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles". in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is my opinion and the reasoning is due to the transition being a bit difficult from console to console. I have been an Xbox-fanboy you may say, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tunsil, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Tunsil
    Tunsil Guest

This is my opinion and the reasoning is due to the transition being a bit difficult from console to console. I have been an Xbox-fanboy you may say, I got the original Xbox in 2003, 360 a few months after launch, and Xbox One on Day One. I can easily say
    that transition between consoles is quite hard especially being split from friends (whom of which are on other consoles) and having to turn on another console to play Halo: Reach,

:)

Tunsil, Mar 5, 2014
  2. OG Pooh
    OG Pooh Guest
    Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

[quote user="Lactos292"]

[quote user=""]

What's it matter? The next Xbox won't need to be an up-to-date gaming machine, as 90% of it won't have anything to do with games. So long as it can stream movies & let people update their Facebook page...

[/quote]QFT. I'm seriously thinking that the Xbox360 just might be the last console I will ever buy.

[/quote]

This (current generation) may not be the last generation I buy a console, but it will very likely be the last generation I buy a Microsoft console.

OG Pooh, Mar 5, 2014
  3. So now who's got more RAM for Games?

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user=""]Why are you debating how good PC looks over console?[/quote]Because you said I was wrong about The Last of Us looking awful.

It looks awful. The bar is not "console" the bar is "what I put on my TV". My gaming PC is hooked to my TV.

I also don't think The Last of Us is the best looking console game, but I'm not going to bother getting into that debate.[quote user="Warlok9"]PC trolls... please stop. We get it. Your pc gaming rig can outperform a console. Whoop Dee doo. Consoles do NOT
    compete with pc gaming regarding processing power.[/quote]For the past two generations, yes they have. For the past two generations the consoles were at the top of the graphics pyramid at launch. This time around, they are decidedly not.

[/quote]

You are wrong. Period.

DocHolliday 7, Mar 5, 2014
  4. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest

I have an easy solution for you, don't buy the next gen consoles. Either that or buy them all.

I've been a console gamer since Atari 2600 and definitely want to see them continue! Love my hobby to much to see it disappear I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles". :)

Blitz23 NZ, Mar 5, 2014
  5. Tunsil
    Tunsil Guest
    For me, I buy next-gen as I love to play games. I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles". :)

I cannot stand not having the newest "big game" due to being on last-gen consoles.

Tunsil, Mar 5, 2014
  6. If an opinion could be wrong...this would be the time.

Sunburst Univox, Mar 5, 2014
  7. MVP270
    MVP270 Guest
    I mean no disrespect but no one forces u to buy the new consoles. u can always stick with the old.. myself I am a full time gamer and I like to see where technology goes so I am ok with new consoles every few years..

MVP270, Mar 5, 2014
  8. I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles".

Pretty soon the Xbox One will reach the end of it's rope like the other consoles before it. Technology will never slow down.

Windows10XboxOne, Mar 5, 2014
  9. [quote user="Imploive"]

This is my opinion and the reasoning is due to the transition being a bit difficult from console to console. I have been an Xbox-fanboy you may say, I got the original Xbox in 2003, 360 a few months after launch, and Xbox One on Day One. I can easily say
    that transition between consoles is quite hard especially being split from friends (whom of which are on other consoles) and having to turn on another console to play Halo: Reach,

[/quote]

Because turning on another console is so much work.

Dangerboy4020, Mar 5, 2014
  10. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    Consoles aren't even consoles anymore. They are modified PCs. Next time around they need to make them upgradeable.

CODukes4, Mar 5, 2014
  11. I honestly hope this ISN'T the last generation of gaming consoles.

Galactic Geek, Mar 5, 2014
  12. I hope its the last generation of all in one gaming/media devices and they go back to focusing on just gaming and keep media box's/apps built into tvs/cable boxes. I'd rather have a much beefier graphics designed with ease for programmers then kinect/media
    features that take away from the gaming aspect of the device. Last generation of console gaming? HA! 3 million xbox ones and counting sold at $500 a console...thats 1.5 billion reasons why its not.

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Mar 5, 2014
  13. I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles".

xbox one isn't the last xbox I can assure you that

ExceptedPanic, Mar 5, 2014
  14. I don't think it will be the last generation of consoles, for a few reasons.

1. It is mass marketable. With over 80 million units sold each last generation, in hardware alone for the two main rival consoles.

2. The next alternative to a console for games, is a gaming PC, which requires at least some decent knowledge if you decide to build one, much more that a brand new Console. In excess of £600 if you want a decent one (but you can go up to thousands)

3. While the above prices for PC gaming stays roughly the same year on year now, due to technology. The one thing that happens to consoles, is they get cheaper and cheaper as the years pass, like for like. So in 3 Years, your PC Rig will still cost virtually
    the same to buy from a manufacture, with a few upgraded parts, but your console, still playing great games, has been optimised, and price dropped

4. And lastly, They are extremely easy, (in most cases to operate). No windows or MCos, or any other type of OS to wade through, No adjusting, Just plug in and go.

Just my opinion, and like one person here, been gaming since the 70's on my first console a Binatone. Which only had 4 versions of Pong. And i love them. To me they are simplistic, easy to access, take me away machines where i can fly, fight, sing, rock
    out, go on a quest, and otherwise, be whoever i want, without leaving my chair

HairyLoveSpuds, Mar 5, 2014
  15. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Xboxone seems more focused on gaming than another console we know.

Oh.. You mean you wish MS was more focused on resolution like the rest of the Hardcore Gamers lol.

Well DX12 is on the way aswell as tools to utilise all those special things that will make X1 the best console for games. Not long now and the crowd will go quiet. Can't come soon enough.

RippenHarra, Mar 5, 2014
Thema:

1. I honestly hope this is the last generation of "gaming consoles". - Similar Threads - honestly hope last

2. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  3. Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...: Why put punishing bans on players that follow the rules and enjoy themselves; instead of the malicious trolls who bug players to no end? What does it take for the Xbox community to voice their...
  4. Please help, New to xbox (No idea to be honest)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, New to xbox (No idea to be honest): New to xbox (No idea to be honest) can't log in. Keep getting "There's a problem with your account, Fix it at account.live.com, then come back to sign in". I have gone to this, there is nothing...
  5. Honest plead for a new way of game playing

in XboX Insiders
    Honest plead for a new way of game playing: @ r/xboxinsiders please can we rip/burn old game discs (from the 360 etc) onto our xbox one or future xbox consoles plz plz plz plz plz ! submitted by /u/illicitlitmisfit [link] [comments]
  6. Honest Opinion: Forza Horizon or Need for Speed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Honest Opinion: Forza Horizon or Need for Speed?: I know everyone has their own opinions. I am now asking you to openly (and appropriately) give your opinion on Forza Horizon (any game 1-4) or Need For Speed (any game). You can talk and debate...
  7. Why is no one fixing or being honest about issues with custom gamerpics not uploading on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is no one fixing or being honest about issues with custom gamerpics not uploading on...: Dear Microsoft, I am asking about why there is a issue with uploading custom gamer pics on Xbox ones profile section and why are people being given the run around and not told about the real...
  8. Honest question.

in XboX Insiders
    Honest question.: I wanted to know if reporting a problem via the in game option really actually helps? I ask because I have sent so many in, in regards to Battlefield V for example, and yet nothing seems to...
  9. Looking for fair honest RDR Players

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for fair honest RDR Players: The multiplayer in RDR can be some of the best I have seen when you are playing with fair honest players. I typically stay in the hardcore free roam sessions because there tends be less hackers...
  10. Just an honest post ( genuine experience)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just an honest post ( genuine experience): It's okay I'm just going to try to Method I said but I appreciate all the help you guys are always really helpful 9:04 am Me I am about to run out of live time I could use a free 3 months LOL...