I have Xbox Live Gold (Core) but cannot play online

Discus and support I have Xbox Live Gold (Core) but cannot play online in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to play ultimate team Rivals I get the message that I need to choose a subscription. I already have XBOX live gold, but apparently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Robin Teunissen, Sep 30, 2023.

1. I have Xbox Live Gold (Core) but cannot play online

Hi,

When I try to play ultimate team Rivals I get the message that I need to choose a subscription.

I already have XBOX live gold, but apparently that is not enough.

Are there issues at the moment with XBOX live gold?

:)

Robin Teunissen, Sep 30, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Robin Teunissen,

Thank you for the additional information.

It should be good since the subscription shows already in your account. Can you try to play other online games to check if the issue you are experiencing is not an in-game related issue? If you can play other online games then we can say that the issue you are experiencing is game specific and we might need to report it to the game developer support team for further assistance.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Robin Teunissen Win User

Hi Tom,

I just noticed the message saying that I already have a subscription and that it is being tried to prolong it (I redeemed a code). However, I already redeemed the code on Friday so it has been more than 24 hours.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Robin Teunissen,

Thanks for letting us know that the prior solution did not help resolve the issue. We do have other strategy to try.

You can check if there are new updates available in your console and install the updates in your console. You can also try to reset your console and we can also remove the account and try adding it back. If the above steps will not help resolve the issue, we can consult this to our internal support team for further assistance.

Manually update your console.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.
    • Under Updates, you'll see:
      Console update available. Select this to begin your update.
      No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
    Reset console to factory defaults by keeping apps and games:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options: Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your first choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games and apps.
    Additionally, you can remove and re-add the account in your Xbox console. See: Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Robin Teunissen,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to play online games and got an error message. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

With the launch of Game Pass Core, we said farewell to Games with Gold on September 1, 2023. Xbox Game Pass Core gives players access to our online console multiplayer network, a select collection of games to play with friends around the world on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, plus special member deals. Xbox Live Gold is now Game Pass Core. On September 14, 2023, Xbox Live Gold members automatically became Game Pass Core members, with no change in pricing, and gained immediate access to a new catalog of high-quality games.

For your reference, see: All about Xbox Game Pass Core | Xbox Support

Try to select or choose your plan to Core. Your existing Xbox Live Gold subscription will automatically become Xbox Game Pass Core subscription.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. I have Xbox Live Gold (Core) but cannot play online - Similar Threads - Live Gold Core

2. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  3. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  4. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  5. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  6. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  7. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  8. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  9. Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...: Alpha Skip-ahead member Xbox Insider: Why does Xbox store no longer have 6 months, 3 months, 1 and 2 yearly membership options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?...
  10. Rainbow 6 Siege - Xbox live gold vs. ‘core.’

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow 6 Siege - Xbox live gold vs. ‘core.’: Am I understanding this right? I had a gold membership, and now that the switch to core has taken place, some games are no longer accessible, such as Rainbow 6 siege? If we upgrade to ultimate,...