I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

Discus and support I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this situation? b947258f-e5fa-4992-bbf9-bff1ea0862b7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by emanuelTorres4, Jan 7, 2024.

1. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this

situation?

:)

emanuelTorres4, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

What version of Game Pass do you have? Game Pass Core or Ultimate (which includes Core) are required to play online. Standard Game Pass for console does not include online.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One gamepass sharing help

Just to make extra sure:

Are you having Game Pass Ultimate, or just Game Pass (without Ultimate)?

If you say your sister can't play online Multiplayer, then you (or she) would need a separate Gold Membership or an upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate.

Game Pass allows you to play the games available in the Game Pass subscription. But to be able to play online Multiplayer, a Gold subscription or Game Pass Ultimate subscription (which contains Xbox Live Gold) would be necessary.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how to fix?

You need Game Pass Core to play online Multiplayer. Just having Xbox Game Pass does not give you access to online multiplayer.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

2 kids - 2 Xboxs series - want to play online together??

Hello, if you have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, then you only need one subscription for your two children to play together online.

That's because Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes all the benefits of Xbox Game Pass Core, including access to online multiplayer games.

If you have an Xbox Game Pass Core subscription, then you will need a subscription for each child. This is because Xbox Game Pass Core does not include access to online multiplayer games.

If you have an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription, then you don't need a subscription for your two kids to play together online. This is because online multiplayer games on PC are free.
  6. Stephanie Dequito Win User

I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?

Hi Daniel! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

May I ask, are you trying to play online games on your Xbox console?

If yes, according to this Xbox article: (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ge-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq)

"Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes all benefits of Xbox Game Pass Core, which gives you access to multiplayer games on your console. (Free-to-play games include online multiplayer without an Xbox Game Pass Core subscription.)"

You will need to have an active Xbox game pass ultimate or Xbox game pass core to enable the online multiplayer feature and play online games. Without the subscription, you can only play your games offline.

There are certain games that don't have offline but online multiplayer only which needs an Xbox Game Pass Core or Xbox Game Pass ultimate subscription in order to play them.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
Thema:

1. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games - Similar Threads - game pass says

2. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  3. How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...: My gta5 will not let me play it’s saying your profile needs promision to access gta online all day resherching and I can’t get it working ab258064-30d4-4c18-94f6-1198739b3e67
  4. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  5. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  6. if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...: if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza motorsport? or are they included free with the pass as long as i have the subscription?...
  7. I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...: I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but EE says it's gone through at there end any body know how to resolve this please...
  8. I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...: I have no idea what to do it's not working I need some help please 1d949dcd-3a25-4da5-a379-e08a7617099c
  9. I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again: When trying to purchass game pass it says error on our end try again and it won't let me make the purchass 4f902b3f-990a-4d48-8ede-b4d30c09302a
  10. Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...: I've been playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 continually for a week now, but today I tried to launch either of them and it gives me a message saying "When you got a refund on Forza...