I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

Discus and support I have two questions one about popping and other about fan. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShinyNut, Jun 26, 2024 at 9:42 AM.

1. ShinyNut
    ShinyNut Guest

My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute went back down to the normal quiet fan. Was that because the console was really hot from the temperature in the room and had to cool it down. The other question is i hear multiple popping sounds from my console when it cools down or heats up the console is very new and people said its just plastic expansion but i want some expert advise. My console runs well and i want to know is either of these things a problem that could lead to my console breaking in the future.

:)

2. ShinyNut Win User

The popping noises only last 10 minutes and happen periodically during the ten minutes it might be the plastic thermal expansion I heard a couple people talk about it. It doesn’t seem to cause any issues and thank you for the help.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there ShinyNut, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Regarding the first question, the answer is yes. If the console is very hot when it is turned on, it is normal for the fan speed to increase to cool the console down to a normal temperature.

Regarding the second question, personally, I have never heard popping sounds from my console, although it might be because where I live, it is always very hot, even in winter. However, it makes sense that it happens when the console is new and if the temperature change is very abrupt. As long as the noises are not very loud and do not last a long time, there is nothing to worry about.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

No worries, it's always a pleasure to help!

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. ShinyNut Win User

Okay if it becomes a problem i will use my warranty i just got the console in February i just worry to much. Thank you for your assistance.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Hello again,

If you have heard that other players also hear those sounds, you shouldn't worry, unless they are very loud. As I mentioned before, if they become bothersome even from a considerable distance from the console, I recommend using the console warranty if it is still valid. Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan. - Similar Threads - questions popping fan

2. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  4. xbox 360 console question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 console question: Are you able to tell By the serial number of the consoles listed on my account when They were last active online a0cb67b0-0eb9-4cc6-aa25-21c6a07f6413
  5. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  6. Xbox One power mode question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One power mode question: Hi I have Original Xbox One, the old one. There are two options there when it comes to power mode, energy saving and instant on, although the names for these settings probably different now....
  7. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  8. Xbox one console making question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one console making question: I got this xbox one in Illinois in the United states and read the manufacturing date and saw it said 2013-10-03 and I don't get how that works can someone please explain...
  9. Question: Why is my Xbox One not previewing a pop up and sound whenever I unlock an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question: Why is my Xbox One not previewing a pop up and sound whenever I unlock an...: I happen to have had this problem for a couple weeks now. My xbox live account earns the achievements. But I don't happen to hear nor see that crisp Xbox one achievement icon pop up. Any ideas on...
  10. Question on Subscription Pop-ups

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Question on Subscription Pop-ups: [img] This is somehow a major problem for me. This subscription plan won't stop randomly popping up at times and even pops up when I attempt to open up a game. I get the message "Unexpected...