I have Turkey Liras in my account balance but I am unable to spend it.

Discus and support I have Turkey Liras in my account balance but I am unable to spend it. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I currently have 600 TRY in my Microsoft balance. When I go to use the money to buy something for 300 TRY it keeps giving me this error message. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sean K1, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Sean K1
    Sean K1 Guest

I currently have 600 TRY in my Microsoft balance. When I go to use the money to buy something for 300 TRY it keeps giving me this error message. I have tried on my xbox one, phone, and PC. I have my account region set to Turkey as well as all of my devices and still get this error message.

The message is in Turkish so I translated it and it says something like this:

Change your store area

The region where your pay option is arranged must match you store region.

I dont understand why I am getting the message since pay option is literally ACCOUNT BALANCE which is already in my account in the same currency (TRY) as the product I'm trying to buy. I have been dealing with this all day so please if someone knows how to fix this or has had something work for them even if it was a different region PLEASE help.. Thank you in advance.

:)

Sean K1, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Healingknight23 Win User

I have the same issue right now did you find a solution?
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Sean! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your purchase error. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the error message, it suggests that either your account, payment method, or store region is mismatched.

In order to purchase in the Microsoft Store, your Xbox account region, Microsoft Store region, and payment card region must be matched.

Try to confirm again if your Xbox account region matches your billing address by signing your account on account.xbox.com > click on your gamer picture > click the 3 dots symbol > Xbox settings > then Xbox 360 region.

Note: Do NOT change the region as this will cause your account to undergo an account migration. You won't be able to change your region for 90 days.

If the Xbox account region shows as Turkey, try to sign in to your account and purchase here using the link below:

https://www.xbox.com/tr-TR/microsoft-store

If the Xbox account region, payment method region, and store region are matched yet the issue persists, according to a user Ngocphi who posted on a thread:

"Both Russia and Turkey are banned regions for the foreseeable future and Xbox Live isn't usable in said regions nor can purchases be made code or billing options."

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d5d29d3c-9a9d-4736-8f42-20af739cac7e

This could be the reason why you are unable to make a purchase.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. IRB Win User

Question about xbox gift cards

Hi

You won't be able to use it in the Turkish store as it is in US dollars. You won't have any Turkish lira on your account to spend, it will be added to you US dollar account balance. You can keep the region of the Xbox as the US when you take it to Turkey.
  5. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Gift Cards from Turkey

Hi MixedG,

If it's the local currency of turkey the lira (i believe) can only be spend in the countries that accept that currency but you can try to change your store location to your usual country and see if the turkish currency balance is converted to € or $ or £
    if that's not the case i strongly recommend contacting the xbox support team
  6. ByEmreC Win User

Microsoft durduk yere kartımdan 8tl çekti

I can't see the 8 Turkish liras deducted from me in the order history so there isn't any refund button . Xbox game pass is costs 30 turkish liras in Turkey but Microsoft deducted 38 Turkish liras from me and i cant refund it ! (You can reply it English)
Thema:

1. I have Turkey Liras in my account balance but I am unable to spend it. - Similar Threads - Turkey Liras account

2. Balance gift card turkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Balance gift card turkey: I purchased a trukey balance gift card and i have it in my account and when i try to purchase something i got this error Change your Store region The region where your payment option is issued...
  3. Can I activate a minecraft pre-paid card/key purchased from turkey?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I activate a minecraft pre-paid card/key purchased from turkey?: So, I want to purchase a minecraft key from turkey because its very cheap and I wanna know if I can activate it on my account. I basically live in Romania and I want to know if I change my...
  4. Can I use my egyption visa to buy games from us and turkey store and other country ,egypt...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use my egyption visa to buy games from us and turkey store and other country ,egypt...: Can I use my egyption visa to buy games from us and turkey store and other country ,egypt dont have a xbox store 08d4c66d-84e7-4b0a-b137-ed9118760b1a
  5. I can't use the microsoft rewards on my console. Is it not available for Turkey ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't use the microsoft rewards on my console. Is it not available for Turkey ?: Microsoft rewards were available on 3rd August for Turkey I guess. I am using it on my computer but when I try to open the app on xbox it says not available on your country. I uninstall the app...
  6. Minecraft Price in Turkey

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Price in Turkey: Hello. These days, the price of minecraft in Turkey has started to increase a lot. Since Minecraft sells with EURO, it costs a lot in our country. For example, you are shopping with EURO in your...
  7. Buying games in Turkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying games in Turkey: Buying games in Turkey I am going to visit family for 4 months in Turkey and then come back can I buy games in Turkey like call of duty vanguard and then play them when I am back home in the...
  8. Technical Service in Turkey

in XBoX on Consoles
    Technical Service in Turkey: ar Xbox Support, I have an Xbox One X and i have a valid warranty to be repaired. However, there is no way to reach the technical service to order a service request from Turkey. I have tried to...
  9. Xbox Game Pass For 1 Dollars Not Working İn turkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass For 1 Dollars Not Working İn turkey: Thats the question note that i never clamied it and triyed with few account with the same result c89c7e4b-23a9-4dad-8383-436a31836f1b
  10. Xbox Ultimate Game Pass promotions not in Turkey market

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Ultimate Game Pass promotions not in Turkey market: 3 month subscription, which in all countries except Turkey almost 1 dollar or the euro. Turkey do not have any because of some reason in this campaign. c79fe733-5d6d-4380-9c76-90a319a9046c