I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.

Discus and support I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This headset I have doesn't work I can turn it up manually but when I try Audio & Music the middle is greyed out, the headset works on phones but not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Syumeki, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Syumeki
    Syumeki Guest

This headset I have doesn't work I can turn it up manually but when I try Audio & Music the middle is greyed out, the headset works on phones but not on my controllers anymore, I've tried Xbox Accessories, Restarting the Xbox Videos and Nothing but however the Mic still works???

:)

Syumeki, Oct 4, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Syumeki,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your headset on your Xbox console. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Here are some general troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check the audio settings on your Xbox console. Go to Settings > Display & Sound > Audio Output. Make sure that the correct audio output is selected and that the volume is turned up.

2. Try connecting the headset to a different controller. This will help determine if the issue is with the controller or the headset.

3. Check for any updates for your Xbox console and controller. Go to Settings > System > Updates and make sure that your console and controller are up to date.

4. Update your controller through the Xbox accessories on Xbox settings. To do this, follow the steps below: Learn more: Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

-Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.
    -Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.
    -Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.

[​IMG]

5. Try resetting your Xbox console. To do this, hold down the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.

6. If none of the above steps work, try resetting your controller. To do this, hold down the small button on the back of the controller for 5 seconds until the controller turns off. Wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.

I hope this information will help you. We look forward for your response.

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Syumeki Win User

Thanks for the help! But the fix appeared to be Outlet related.
  5. MVPAlan Win User

headset not working

I was watching a movie just last night using my headset and it worked fine. I turned on the controller to use it again today and I just hear static. I am using the Xbox One headset adapter with the Razer Blackshark headset.
  6. SmashElite16 Win User

Xbox Stereo Headset playback problem

Smash, a stereo headset should be producing sound in both ears unless the media you're viewing is only supposed to be in your right ear. The issues could lie in the connection for the headset to the controller, the wire connecting the headset to the controller
    or the headset itself. Is it only happening in game or is it all of the time?
    Happening all the time, and I just bought it last night.
Thema:

1. I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night. - Similar Threads - Wired headset was

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  7. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  8. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

in XboX Insiders
    Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other: One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work with my headset plugged in. I've tried cleaning...
  9. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  10. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...