I have the XBox App on my PC and want to gift a game to a friend but live in Canada. Games...

Discus and support I have the XBox App on my PC and want to gift a game to a friend but live in Canada. Games... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I want to buy a game for a friend using the XBox app on my PC. When I go to do so it says: Your gift will be sent as a digital code that your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FuzzyLojik, Dec 27, 2020.

1. FuzzyLojik
    FuzzyLojik Guest

I have the XBox App on my PC and want to gift a game to a friend but live in Canada. Games...

So I want to buy a game for a friend using the XBox app on my PC. When I go to do so it says:

Your gift will be sent as a digital code that your recipient can redeem in United States only.

My friend is Canadian too. What do I do, eh?

Edit: Also your website text editor for this forum is bad. Can't change the background colour of the text I copied. Just FYI,

:)

FuzzyLojik, Dec 27, 2020
  2. FuzzyLojik Win User

I have the XBox App on my PC and want to gift a game to a friend but live in Canada. Games are only for US users. What gives?

Nope, Canadian store. I think your app is the issue. Actually, I have a high degree of confidence. My son also tried installing it and had the same issue.
  3. Smwutches Win User

I have the XBox App on my PC and want to gift a game to a friend but live in Canada. Games are only for US users. What gives?

Sorry, I read your initial message wrong and thought you were in the US.

Have you tried purchasing through the website instead of the app as well?

Also, as far as other retailers, you can by digital codes through online retailers. That's what I was referring to.
  4. FuzzyLojik Win User

The retailer is the XBOX app, on a Canadian computer in Canada from the Microsoft store, that one has to assume is Canadian. I also can't buy from a Canadian retailer because we have the good sense to be on lockdown as a result of COVID. Sorry, but your
    answer makes no sense.
  5. Smwutches Win User

I don't work for Microsoft it's not my app, but yes, in this case it is an app issue and not an account issue. In your Windows settings, under Time & Settings make sure it has your region set correctly.
  6. Smwutches Win User

You shouldn't. That's why I asked if you had tried via the website to see if it automatically directed you to the US as well. If it does then there might be an issue with the region on your account.
Thema:

1. I have the XBox App on my PC and want to gift a game to a friend but live in Canada. Games... - Similar Threads - App gift game

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  5. Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app: Hello, yesterday i brought Minecraft for a nephew from the XBOX windows app, but when he tried to redeem said is another region, when both live in the same country, so like the code was not...
  6. Xbox said it deposited a $5 gift card on the Microsoft App Store for me. It doesn’t have an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox said it deposited a $5 gift card on the Microsoft App Store for me. It doesn’t have an...: It says it gave me a gift card for $5 but I can’t redeem it and my account balance hasn’t changed. 416bef49-f227-4e49-86c2-6e8c2850f7cc
  7. Not Receiving Xbox gift cards from myrewards app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Receiving Xbox gift cards from myrewards app: I bought 2 £5 xbox gift cards from the myrewards app last night and for some reason i still got no confirmation emails of why i not been recieved anything. But the 11700 points has been taken out...
  8. Rewards app Amazon gift card and point difference.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rewards app Amazon gift card and point difference.: In my rewards app a starbucks gift card is 5250 points for me. On my gf and her sons account its 6500. I also can purchase Amazon gift cards and they can't. My gf and my account both show us as...
  9. How to redeem my nitro/ea gift code links on PC? (xbox beta app / companion app)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem my nitro/ea gift code links on PC? (xbox beta app / companion app): I've been jumping from support technician to support technician. With things being told "Wait 24-72 hours", "We don't have the codes, we will send it in 24 hours", et cetra. About 3 days ago I've...
  10. Can I buy Xbox Live from xbox app using Google Play Gift Card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy Xbox Live from xbox app using Google Play Gift Card?: Can I buy Xbox Live from xbox app using Google Play Gift Card? 45c16352-55c0-4510-8b62-a4727cbc7c1f