I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

Discus and support I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series s says the monitor is only 60hz and will not allow me to turn on 165hz how do I fix this? I am using y27gq-20 Lenovo monitor... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amanda Jurisevic, Dec 26, 2023.

1. I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

My series s says the monitor is only 60hz and will not allow me to turn on 165hz how do I fix this? I am using y27gq-20 Lenovo monitor

:)

Amanda Jurisevic, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

Hi, Amanda.

Checking the manufacturer's website, they claim the monitor via HDMI works at 120 Hz. However, they don't state if it's an exactly 120Hz or a bit less.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500308-lenovo-y27gq-20-monitor-overview > supported model displays.

You may want to contact them to double the that information.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Amanda Jurisevic Win User

Thanks for the response, I am currently using a Lenovo Y27gq-20 monitor
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

What is the make and model of the monitor?

Unlike a TV, PC gaming monitors do not need to conform to TV timing standards. The 165Hz refresh is for connecting to a PC via a display port cable. So you can ignore that.

As for 120Hz, the monitor needs to support exactly 120Hz over HDMI to work with an Xbox console. Many older monitors do not do this (they have non standard timings like 119.88Hz). This is not an issue with a PC because a PC will just run whatever the monitor is capable of. Consoles need exact timings.
  5. Amanda Jurisevic Win User

Hi Arturo, I’ve tried 1080p with 120hz, and it doesn’t work. 720 didn’t work either. I’m using the hdmi cable that came with my Xbox series s. The monitor I am using with my Xbox is purchased new, and is 165hz and 1440p. Is the issue with the hdmi cable I am using or my monitor?

Thanks

Amanda
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Amanda J. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

What resolution are you selecting in your Xbox Series S, 4K or 1440p?

If that's correct, could you try lowering your resolution to 1080p or 720p and check if the 120Hz refresh rate is available?

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz - Similar Threads - recently brought 165hz

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. Party chat has been temperamental recently.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has been temperamental recently.: Sometines when i invite a friend to my party recently, they seem to join like normal on their end, but on my end i am the only one in the party still. This doesnt happen when i join them, i have...
  5. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  6. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  7. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  8. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  9. Recently when I’m playing on my Xbox, the cables I have plugged in for my controller and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently when I’m playing on my Xbox, the cables I have plugged in for my controller and...: So ever since Tuesday as of writing this I have had random disconnects from my headset and Xbox controller at the same time. I’ve unplugged my Xbox and re plugged it in, changed where the headset...
  10. I have recently Brought EA FC 24 from Microsoft Store. But after installing the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have recently Brought EA FC 24 from Microsoft Store. But after installing the game and...: I have recently brought EA FC 24 from xbox Store. But why it is asking me to take Ultimate Game pass to play online multiplayer ? 5f2e5b97-e022-4b1b-951e-e6f3adc40716