I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

Discus and support I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rickie Pang, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Rickie Pang
    Rickie Pang Guest

I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Rickie Pang, Apr 14, 2024
  2. Jai_141 Win User

I have been trying to install the xbox app on my windows 11 pc for 2 days now but it wont install. Are there any solutions to fixing this problem?

would there be any sign of knowing if it worked if i put the command in as i have put it and pressed enter but it went to another line and no prompt was given.
  3. Christian Quinto Win User

Why can't I install anything in the Microsoft Store?

A user posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  4. BryanBennett Win User

Xbox Live Auth Manager - 14.14.16008.00000

Having the same issue with both Xbox and Xbox (beta) apps. Humorously, the old Smartglass app works. The command prompt commands fixed it. There seems to be an issue needing addressed with this.
  5. StarCodesXx Win User

Having trouble with code error 0x409

Thank you for your reply. Let us try to re-register Windows Store by running the following commands on command prompt:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

3. In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}

4. Reboot your computer.

Update us if the issue persists.
    still facing same issue
  6. Rostom L Win User

Xbox Server Connectivity Blocked

Hi Brian!

This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how frustrating that must be. I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes. Since you've tried all the solutions from the Xbox support articles, have you tried the steps below already? If not yet, let's do it.

Press the Search button on the task bar, type command prompt, right-click Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator.
    Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:

netsh interface Teredo set state type=client

If it doesn't work after entering that command, try to restart your PC
Thema:

1. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues... - Similar Threads - put random command

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  8. Pc Minimizes all forms of games and if borderless puts mouse over games randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Minimizes all forms of games and if borderless puts mouse over games randomly: So ive downloaded process explorer to look at everything but i do not understand any of it and was hoping someone could make sense of it all as this is my last ditch effort before i have to...
  9. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?: I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with...
  10. Put in random family. Please help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Put in random family. Please help.: I am trying to play multiplayer Minecraft and it is telling me that I am a child on a family account. My friends are telling me that I most likely got hacked and somebody put me under their...