I have my roku connected to my xbox one s but cant seem to figure out how to snap them together

Discus and support I have my roku connected to my xbox one s but cant seem to figure out how to snap them together in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone tell if this is possible and how to do it ddecc1f4-c7ce-4a05-9703-eaac4fbb8e73 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Liam Tripp, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Liam Tripp
    Liam Tripp Guest

I have my roku connected to my xbox one s but cant seem to figure out how to snap them together

Can someone tell if this is possible and how to do it

:)

Liam Tripp, Oct 21, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Snap was removed a very long time ago.
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Liam T, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to directly connect or connect a Roku device to an Xbox One S console. The Xbox One S does not have a built-in feature or app that allows you to integrate or connect a Roku device within the console interface.

However, there are alternative ways to use your Roku device together with your Xbox One S:

HDMI Switching: Connect your Roku device directly to your TV using an HDMI cable. Next, connect your Xbox One S to another HDMI input on your TV. Most modern TVs have multiple HDMI inputs, allowing you to switch between devices using the TV's input selection menu or a remote control.

I hope this works.

Best regards.
  4. Doomshroom02 Win User

Christmas 2018

I got a xbox 1 but i want to transfer my 360 account to my xbox one and i cant seem to figure out how
  5. DSchultz Win User

For those with Netflix Video Quality Issues, please try this and report your findings.

I posted this on another thread... Thought this might help everyone: I have FIXED the Netflix quality issue with the Xbox One! First let me tell you how (the answer is not the Roku, just a step along the way to figure it out!) I have tested this on several
    Xbox Ones and it has worked every time. How did I fix it? I gave up on the Xbox One streaming in high quality for Netflix. After a couple of months I bought a Roku (today). The Roku worked with Amazon, Youtube, VuDu, etc. EXCEPT Netflix did not work at all!
    Under more detail I found a link to test my settings (within the Netflix app on the Roku) and it could connect to 2 out of four Netflix servers! Server 2 & 3 did not connect! Weird... I was on the phone with Netflix, they could not figure it out... I thought
    about it... I decided to change myDNS on the DHCP with my Cisco Router to Google’s DNS instead of OpenDNS... (Google’s DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and boom! Then restarted Roku, FIXED! I then booted up the Xbox One and Boom! HIGH QUALITY Netflix everytime,
    during the day!... I think the Roku requires ALL servers to connect and the Xbox One will stream to the two low quality servers if needed and continue on. Once all servers were resolvable, High quality now works! Why OpenDNS has a problem, I don’t know. I
    prefer OpenDNS because of the parental controls… but, hey, Google’s works correctly!
  6. DSchultz Win User

Possible Fix for the Netflix Streaming Issues

I have FIXED the Netflix quality issue with the Xbox One! First let me tell you how (the answer is not the Roku, just a step along the way to figure it out!) I have tested this on several Xbox Ones and it has worked every time. How did I fix it? I gave up
    on the Xbox One streaming in high quality for Netflix. After a couple of months I bought a Roku (today). The Roku worked with Amazon, Youtube, VuDu, etc. EXCEPT Netflix did not work at all! Under more detail I found a link to test my settings (within the Netflix
    app on the Roku) and it could connect to 2 out of four Netflix servers! Server 2 & 3 did not connect! Weird... I was on the phone with Netflix, they could not figure it out... I thought about it... I decided to change myDNS on the DHCP with my Cisco Router
    to Google’s DNS instead of OpenDNS... (Google’s DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and boom! Then restarted Roku, FIXED! I then booted up the Xbox One and Boom! HIGH QUALITY Netflix every time, during the day!... I think the Roku requires ALL servers to connect
    and the Xbox One will stream to the two low quality servers if needed and continue on. Once all servers were resolvable, High quality now works! Why OpenDNS has a problem, I don’t know. I prefer OpenDNS because of the parental controls… but, hey, Google’s
    works correctly!
Thema:

1. I have my roku connected to my xbox one s but cant seem to figure out how to snap them together - Similar Threads - roku connected cant

2. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  3. Xbox One S and Westinghouse Roku TV WR43UX4019

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S and Westinghouse Roku TV WR43UX4019: So, I have tried both the guided setup as well as manually entering the brand and model of my Westinghouse Roku TV (model noted in the subject line), but no code seems to work with my TV to...
  4. How do i connect roku to my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i connect roku to my xbox one: I was looking through some forums and saw people say its possible to connect roku to xbox with oneguide but it does not work. 79527fa8-c12a-4db0-822e-8aec67e038f1
  5. My Roku TV made by onn. causes updates to fail when the system restarts during updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Roku TV made by onn. causes updates to fail when the system restarts during updates.: (Didn't know where to post this) My original Black XBOX 1 kept failing to update. Found out that if I unplugged my Roku TV made by onn. It updated fine...just an FYI. So, I start the updates and...
  6. I’m trying to pair my Xbox core Controller with My TCL Roku TV How do I that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to pair my Xbox core Controller with My TCL Roku TV How do I that?: I’m trying to pair My XBox Core Controller with My TCL Roku TV How do i Go about doing This? 1eca2984-87e7-4511-aedb-aa9469099f9f
  7. My xbox series x won’t connect to my roku tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won’t connect to my roku tv: So my xbox has been working for a long time but then my brother moved it to his room to play fall guys with his friend but he said it didn’t work so I moved it back to my room and is says No...
  8. Xbox wont connect to TLC Roku TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to TLC Roku TV: I have my xbox connected through an Elgato for streaming and when i have my stream open i can see my xbox home screen but it wont connect to my tv. Keeps telling me if its on...
  9. Xbox One won’t connect to Roku TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won’t connect to Roku TV: My xbox has been working completely fine for the past couple of years but when I turned on my xbox today, the TV said look for signal and the xbox screen wouldn’t appear. At first I thought it was...
  10. Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi.: Not able to connect console to Roku TV using wireless WiFi. Tried Fix it and it said to make sure my modem isn't filtering out my console's MAC addresses. 24ce2635-742d-4e17-85cb-8e8ede16ebfd