I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

Discus and support I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris Kittell, Jul 13, 2023.

1. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my console goes back to staying on? Like i do not want it to turn off at all, unless i explicitly click the power button.

:)

Chris Kittell, Jul 13, 2023
  2. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Exede ISP - 650,000 customers - Free Zone (un-metered usage) 12AM-5AM - No option to schedule update downloads? Disappointing MS!

From Xbox Support:

Notes

In order to have available downloads update automatically, you must select the option to automatically download updates on the Power menu. Additionally, your console looks for these updates while in the Instant-On power mode's low power state. In other words,
    your console has to be off to check for downloads. If you select your console to never turn off in the Power settings, the console will not look for updates in the background until it shuts off. To receive background updates automatically, set your console
    to turn off automatically after 1 or 6 hours of inactivity, or simply turn it off when you're not using it. Otherwise, games and apps may require a small download when you start the title.

To get to the Power settings menu:

Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

On the Settings page, select Power.

Select Turn off or restart.

Select the option that you want on the Turn off after pull-down menu.
  3. Geri M. Win User

I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to sleep after it idles for about an hour, which again, it shouldn't be doing. Fix?

Hi Chris Kittell,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to sleep after it idles for about an hour, which again, it shouldn't be doing. Fix?

Hello Chris Kittell,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

Based on your post description, you set your console to never turn off but in contrary it will automatically go to sleep mode after few hours of inactivity, which you obviously do not want.

The Xbox Insider Program is a program that allows passionate Xbox fans the opportunity to give feedback on the latest Xbox system updates, as well as features and games still in development on both Xbox consoles and Windows 10/11 devices. This can be explained well in this article.

When your console is set to sleep, it sleeps instead of turns off. It uses more power and supports automatic updates of console, games, and apps. It is needed for remote wake and fast boot. It starts up faster and wakes your console with your voice (where available). Kindly check this article for more details.

You can change the power mode of your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console by following these steps:

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
    • Select Power mode and choose Instant-on.

You can follow more steps on this article.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. Norrissa Win User

XBOX One updates disabling external storage

You can disable automatic updates. This is a check box option in the Power & Startup section. Go to Settings, Power & Startup, and unselect the box Automatically download updates and purchases. You can also set it where your console does not turn off
    the storage when the Xbox is turned off. I suspect that you have it set to turn off the xbox after 1 hour of activity and then you have it set to turn off the storage when the xbox is turned off and that this is causing your issue.
  6. Qwertei Win User

Auto dim broken.

There is no Specific Auto Dim feature in the settings yet but i would go too.

Settings-Power & Start up - Power & Start up Mode - Turn off After - 1 Hour/6 Hours/Do Not Turn off Automatically.
Thema:

I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

1. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to... - Similar Threads - console set never

2. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  5. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  6. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  7. Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....: Hi Please help me to fix this problem, i tried using wireless connection and wired connection still no use. And it is a new one, im setting up the console and i got stock at console update....
  8. How to set up console's location?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up console's location?: Im from Slovenija and can not enter microsoft reward because of an error. (Update your console'a location) Tring to change the lenguage and location it stil dose not vork. Thanke you....
  9. Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.: Every time I turn on my console I have to go through the whole console setup process with the app. I’ve read similar issues in this community and here’s what I have already checked. I have the Dec...
  10. If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?: So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your account. Does this still work for the Series S and...