I have minecraft saves under an unknown profile, cant access, cant move or copy. r they lost ...

Discus and support I have minecraft saves under an unknown profile, cant access, cant move or copy. r they lost ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have minecraft saves under an unknown profile, cant access, cant move or copy. r they lost to me? I have 2 xbox 360's, one older elite and one newer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheeRedH00D, Dec 27, 2016.

1. TheeRedH00D
    TheeRedH00D Guest

I have minecraft saves under an unknown profile, cant access, cant move or copy. r they lost ...

I have minecraft saves under an unknown profile, cant access, cant move or copy. r they lost to me?

I have 2 xbox 360's, one older elite and one newer generation. I have moved a couple profiles between them in the past but now have all original profiles on the older elite where i am having the game save issue. The saves still read as unknown profile so
    I cant do anything with it.

:)

TheeRedH00D, Dec 27, 2016
  2. Son ALA
    Son ALA Guest
    profile wont copy to usb

The thing is, you can not copy your profile at all, you can only move it from one console to another by using a memory unit or the recovery option on the console.

ok, so on your newer slim console that has your profile (gamertag)

1. Turn it on

2. If your gamertag logs in automatically, press the guide and sign out.

3. While on the default dash board, scroll all the way to the right and select Storage (or system<storage)

4. select HDD

5. select profiles

6. highlight your account, press Y and select move.

Like I mentioned earlier, you cant copy it so that will move it from the console to your memory card....and then you can move it to your older system.

The thing is, you cant move your gamertag while you are currently signed into your account....another funny thing is that you cant properly copy your save files unless

YOU ARE signed into your account.

Son ALA, Dec 27, 2016
  3. SnuggBugg
    SnuggBugg Guest
    Unknown Profile - How to Recover Data?

I've been searching for an answer to the "Unknown Profile" problem for the last 30 minutes and have yet to find a solution.

While in the process of moving most of my data from an old hard drive to a new one, I came across several game saves with the "Unknown Profile" monkier attached to them. I can't copy or move or do anything with these game saves- even though a message pops
    up saying that "if you move this data you will become the new owner of it."

I have two Xboxs, and we frequently move our profiles from one to another via Memory Units. I ABSOLUTELY know for a fact that the Unknown Profile listed in all of these Game Saves is MY profile, no doubt about it. So, is there a fix for this problem or
    is this another Microsoft Snafu regulated to the "We Ignore THAT Particular Issue" File?

SnuggBugg, Dec 27, 2016
  4. Son ALA Win User

profile to usb

Your gamertag/profile can not be copied to any device....it's meant to only properly exist on one device.

With your USB drive connected, you can move your profile and keep it there so you can access it on any console easily..but you cant copy it.
  5. Son ALA Win User

transfering data between external hard drives

I personally always use the USB flashdrive as the middle man since it's the safest way.

Some save files are forever lost when using the transfer cable and some games have save files that are restricted to the original hard drive. You wont know if any of your games fit in this category when using the transfer cable...but if you're using a flashdrive,
    you will get the prompt telling you the file cant be copied.

With those files you can simply move them to the usb...but you might also want to do some research on those specific games to make sure they are compatible. Like Forza for example, you might be able to move it from HDD to USB to new HDD but there is a high
    chance your profile would be marked as tampered with and you would lose everything since it will no longer load even if you moved it back to your original HDD.

My advice would be to copy all the save files that allow you to copy onto your USB and then move all the files from the USB to the new HDD. This way you will also have 2 versions of each save, you can think of your old HDD as a back up file.

If you have any games that cant be copied, make a list of them and then do a search for "Moving -insert game- save file xbox 360" and see if you can find any random forum post of people having issues while moving the save file
  6. Son ALA Win User

profile wont copy to usb

The thing is, you can not copy your profile at all, you can only move it from one console to another by using a memory unit or the recovery option on the console.

ok, so on your newer slim console that has your profile (gamertag)

1. Turn it on

2. If your gamertag logs in automatically, press the guide and sign out.

3. While on the default dash board, scroll all the way to the right and select Storage (or system<storage)

4. select HDD

5. select profiles

6. highlight your account, press Y and select move.

Like I mentioned earlier, you cant copy it so that will move it from the console to your memory card....and then you can move it to your older system.

The thing is, you cant move your gamertag while you are currently signed into your account....another funny thing is that you cant properly copy your save files unless

YOU ARE signed into your account.
  7. denisestevenson Win User

hacked account

No it didnt as they have set up 2 step verification now with an unknown email so we cant access it and xbox and microsoft say they cant help because of this
  8. wasago02 Win User

extinction is broken since this morning

I have it broken from yesterday I cant play it online when try I get connection to host lost error or unknown akcion error:(
Thema:

1. I have minecraft saves under an unknown profile, cant access, cant move or copy. r they lost ... - Similar Threads - minecraft saves under

2. Minecraft Deleting Worlds & Not Saving World Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Deleting Worlds & Not Saving World Nintendo Switch: I've been playing Minecraft on Nintendo Switch for some now and briefly had an issue where my microsoft account wouldn't connect and i couldn't join realms, but it fixed itself and I've been...
  3. PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition Save Transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition Save Transfer: Does anyone know if it's against Microsoft's/Mojang's TOS to transfer a PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition world to another account? I asked this question to the Minecraft Help Center and was given...
  4. I have lost my Minecraft bedrock world I have checked the saves folder and there is nothing...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have lost my Minecraft bedrock world I have checked the saves folder and there is nothing...: I turned on my pc this Moring and discovered that my Minecraft world was gone the first thing I did was check the save files but there was nothing there I also turned on and off my pc...
  5. Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to Restore old Minecraft worlds if you had them saved to your Xbox/Microsoft...: I've recently installed Minecraft Bedrock on my tablet. From what I remember on my old tablet, my worlds were supposed to be saved on my Xbox account/Microsoft account, so my question is am I able...
  6. I recently has my Xbox replaced under warranty and I have no Minecraft cloud saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently has my Xbox replaced under warranty and I have no Minecraft cloud saves: I recently had my Xbox replaced under warranty and I have no Minecraft saves on the cloud so I have this. I would put it a photo but it keeps telling me it won’t work but it says “Failed to syncs...
  7. After logging out of my minecraft world, it shows an error, “we can’t save more data for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After logging out of my minecraft world, it shows an error, “we can’t save more data for...: the issue is i have over 150gb of free storage left, so i do not understand how it is out of room. The world is 650mb so a fairly large world but has not been able to save/sync for almost 2 weeks...
  8. Minecraft worlds how to save to new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft worlds how to save to new laptop: We are getting a new laptop and need to know how to save my daughters Minecraft worlds that she has spent so long building. She said last time we got a new pc she lost them all. How can we save...
  9. Minecraft Java edition isn't letting me change my skin to one I just saved

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java edition isn't letting me change my skin to one I just saved: I just added a new skin to my library and it won't change. I've tried using the in-launcher skin changer, minecraft.net and I've checked the Minecraft forums to see if anyone has the same...
  10. I cleared my save data for minecraft on settings, does that mean my worlds are permanently...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cleared my save data for minecraft on settings, does that mean my worlds are permanently...: They are still there but when I try to load into them it just give me a error message saying "failed to sync world" ive gotten this message before and was able to get past it but I can't with this...