I have minecraft account bought and xbox account, how do I use both accounts?

Discus and support I have minecraft account bought and xbox account, how do I use both accounts? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to give my brother through family sharing the minecraft so we can play together, I have minecraft bought a few years back and I got gamepass,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vahecx, Oct 30, 2023.

1. vahecx
    vahecx Guest

I want to give my brother through family sharing the minecraft so we can play together, I have minecraft bought a few years back and I got gamepass, how can I use the gamepass account?

:)

vahecx, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Vardagul Win User

Thank you for your response, Vahecx. Kindly confirm if you have Minecraft: Java Edition on your account by signing on to https://account.microsoft.com > Payment & billing > Order history > Select the date of range (the date you purchased your Minecraft: Java Edition).

If you have confirmed it, Sign in to your account to the Microsoft Store app on your brother's PC and then download that game. After you finish downloading, log into your brother's account on the Xbox app to play Minecraft.

Note: It is not possible to share games on both Windows PC using 1 account like you can on consoles.

There is a difference. On a console, anyone can use the game share to download the game, but on a PC they can't.

You have to be signed into the Xbox account with the profile that owns the game pass or the game download, then switch back to your profile.

While doing so, you cannot sign in to the Microsoft Store app on your PC while sharing with your brother as this will remove the license from his PC.

It is not possible to play the same game using both accounts at the same time while game sharing on a PC.

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6ffaed18-f4ec-4e6c-aa44-d106e0d0e229

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  3. vahecx Win User

When I try to log in it says on my brother's PC it says he doesn't own it (Minecraft: Java edition) so we can't play
  4. Vardagul Win User

I appreciate your response, Vahecx. Since you bought Minecraft for PC, there is still a way for you to share that game on your brother's account. Follow these steps to download the game on your brother's PC:

Sign in to your account where you have the game Minecraft to the Microsoft Store app and then download that game. After you finish downloading, log into your brother's account on the Xbox app to play Minecraft.

Please refer to this link for additional information:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6ffaed18-f4ec-4e6c-aa44-d106e0d0e229

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  5. Vardagul Win User

Hi Vahecx! My name is Darhlene and I’m here to assist you.

Can you please verify if are you trying to play the game on the Xbox console?

If yes, you can set your account as home Xbox on your brother's console to enable game sharing and for your brother to play Minecraft on his account:

1. Sign in to the account where you have the Minecraft game on your brother's console.
    2. Press the Xbox menu button.
    3. Go to settings.
    4. Then Personalization.
    5. Click my home Xbox.
    6. Set it as make this as my home Xbox.
    7. Install Minecraft and sign out of your account and let your brother sign in to his account and play the game.
    8. While on your console, sign in to your account that has the Minecraft license and play the game.

Please refer to this link for additional information:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

If the reply solved your problem, please give it an upvote or accept it as an answer.

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  6. vahecx Win User

Hello Darhlene thank you for the reply. I apologize I meant Xbox gamepass on PC, not on an xbox console, thanks!
Thema:

1. I have minecraft account bought and xbox account, how do I use both accounts? - Similar Threads - minecraft account bought

2. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  3. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...
  4. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  5. i accidentally bought $43 minecraft on my old account and now it synced with my new one and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i accidentally bought $43 minecraft on my old account and now it synced with my new one and...: i have tried logging out and logging back in, nothing works 144688e5-7bed-4ed2-8a23-e7795482f726
  6. How to undownload minecraft maps someone bought on your account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to undownload minecraft maps someone bought on your account: Someone bought minecraft maps with out my permission and I need my minecoins back 0b6e1003-bb84-4256-9fee-4c54ed5ed968
  7. Minecraft account hacked(Bought before migration)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account hacked(Bought before migration): My account I believe was hacked over a year ago but I never noticed until I tried playing. I found emails over a year ago of someone trying to migrate my Mojang account and apparently, they did...
  8. I had my Minecraft account hacked, and bought Minecraft again but it wont let me log into a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I had my Minecraft account hacked, and bought Minecraft again but it wont let me log into a...: Please help because I have tried erasing all the data for my the Minecraft launcher but it still tries to log me in with the account I lost (idk the password). So i have no idea how to log into my...
  9. I bought and played Minecraft on an old account, migrated the account and it says I've...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought and played Minecraft on an old account, migrated the account and it says I've...: Hey there, I recently wanted to play Minecraft on my old account that I bought Minecraft on and played for a few months, so I decided to migrate the account so I could play on it again. However,...
  10. Hello I have bought Minecraft on this account but it says I didnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello I have bought Minecraft on this account but it says I didnt: so basically I have bought month of xbox gamepass and have played Minecraft on this account for many months but now it says I didnt bought the game and It doesnt even remember my ingame name...