I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

Discus and support I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NatisuNeDraek, Dec 10, 2023.

1. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping.

:)

NatisuNeDraek, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi again NatisuNeDraek.

Oh sorry i was thinked you have the problem with an pc try this troubleshootings

Double-check Mic Monitoring:

Ensure microphone monitoring is truly disabled. Go to Settings > Audio > Headset & Speakers > Microphone > Mic monitoring and confirm it's set to "Off".
    If you're using a headset with a dedicated mic monitoring control, check if it's turned off as well.

Update Controller Firmware:

Outdated controller firmware can sometimes cause audio issues.
    Connect your controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable.
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your controller and check for updates.

Check Chat Overlay:

Sometimes, the in-game chat overlay can cause audio feedback.
    While in a party or game chat, open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
    Select "Parties & chats".
    Check if the "Show chat overlay" option is enabled. Disable it and see if the echo disappears.

Restart Console and Headset:

A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches.
    Turn off your Xbox Series X and your headset completely.
    Wait for 30 seconds and then turn them back on.

Try Different Audio Output:

If you're using TV speakers, consider trying headphones or a different headset to see if the issue persists.
    This can help isolate the source of the problem.

Check Headset Connection:

Ensure your headset is properly connected to your controller or the Xbox console itself.
    Disconnect and reconnect the headset to ensure a secure and stable connection.

Update Audio Drivers:

If you're using a USB headset, update its audio drivers on your PC.
    This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with your Xbox Series X.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra
  3. NatisuNeDraek Win User

I appreciate your reply... This is for Xbox x series.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello NatisuNeDraek, my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

If you have microphone monitoring disabled and can still hear yourself in the group chat, there may be an issue with your audio settings. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your microphone settings. Make sure your microphone is set up correctly. To do this, open the Settings app and select "Sound." Next, select "Input" and make sure your microphone is selected as the default input device.

2. Check your group chat settings. Make sure microphone monitoring is turned off in your group chat settings. To do this, open the Chat app and select the group chat you are using. Next, select “More options” and then select “Chat settings.” In the "Microphone" section, make sure "Monitor microphone" is unchecked.

3. Restart your computer. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor problems.

4. Update your microphone drivers. Your microphone drivers may be outdated, which can cause problems. To update your microphone drivers, open Device Manager. Then, expand the "Audio, video and gaming devices" category. Right-click your microphone and select "Update Driver."

If you've tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you may have an issue with your microphone hardware. In this case, you will need to contact your microphone manufacturer for help.

Through the following link that I will provide you you will be able to see more detailed information regarding the solutions that I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way with your problem.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-chat-headset

Best Regards, Oskayra
  5. KALEEF Win User

Questions about headsets.

[quote user="Snowy Dash"]

Sorry but on the Turtle Beach headsets the mic monitoring cannot be turned off at all, Tritton headsets which have their version of this function (Tritton call theirs SVM Selectable Voice Monitoring) can be turned on/off.

[/quote]

I am sorry but my Turtle Beach PX5's would beg to differ as i can turn off mic monitoring by using my presets manager. Why would i want to though as if i could not hear myself speak i would end up shouting.
  6. Qvx Win User

Xbox mic problem

It doesnt rlly help tho i was able to hear myself through putting the mic monitoring up which means my mic is picking up my sound however it doesnt change the fact that my sound wont register in party chat
Thema:

1. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat - Similar Threads - Mic monitoring turned

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  4. I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.: When I plug my headset in I can hear audio, but I can’t talk or hear other players talk 20451793-29a1-40f8-bce0-b5426b9ee091
  5. Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything: hello my turtle beach stealth 600 Gen 2 the older version not the new one withe the dongle my mic is fine my xbox series x on the otherhand isn't allowing my voice to be heard in party with or...
  6. Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset: Everytime I plug in my wired controller (gamesir g7 se) and my wired headset (steelseries) my mic monitoring is on. The only way I've found to turn if off is to go into a party and go to audio...
  7. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...: Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down...
  8. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...: I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the...
  9. Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.

in XBoX on Windows
    Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.: Hi, Can anyone help me understand what I need to do regarding my headset to get in game audio and be able to use the mic too? I get the audio no problem but how do I go about being able to use...
  10. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.: So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is...