I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for...

Discus and support I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have madden 22 on disc , but it won't let me play because it says I need game pass, why? Xbox one s. 4f871220-5424-481c-8a32-96b63dadb399 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kip fraser, Dec 7, 2023.

1. kip fraser
    kip fraser Guest

I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for...

I have madden 22 on disc , but it won't let me play because it says I need game pass, why? Xbox one s.

:)

kip fraser, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for game pass, why.

Hello Kip. My name is Jose.

There are two possible reasons why you can't play Madden 22 on your Xbox One S, even if you have the disc.

The first possibility is that your copy of Madden 22 is a digital version of the game that was included with your Xbox Game Pass subscription. In this case, you may have canceled your Game Pass subscription and now need to resubscribe in order to play the game.

The second possibility is that your copy of Madden 22 is a physical version of the game that does not require an Xbox Game Pass subscription to play. In this case, there may be a problem with the disc or your console.

To check if your copy of Madden 22 is a digital or physical version of the game, you can follow these steps:

Insert the Madden 22 disc into your Xbox One S.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Storage.

In the game list, look for Madden 22.

If the game is listed as "Madden 22 (Game Pass)" then it is a digital version of the game that requires an Xbox Game Pass subscription to play. If the game is listed as "Madden 22," then it is a physical version of the game that does not require an Xbox Game Pass subscription to play.

If you have verified that your copy of Madden 22 is a physical version of the game and you still can't play, then there may be an issue with the disc.

Clean the disc with a soft cloth.

Try playing the game on another console.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
  3. kip fraser Win User

I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for game pass, why.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
  4. kip fraser Win User

Still won't work, I have the physical game. I have played this game before with no problems. Don't understand why I can't play Franchise mode. This is ridiculous to be able to play a game I have to fork out money for game pass that is to expensive. Is this a new thing or what?
  5. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi Kip F,

I am Jose, in your prompt response (Smwutches) is correct; I investigated, and apparently, a subscription is required to play online on the console. It used to be Gold. Gold was discontinued, and Game Pass Core was created. So you need Core or Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Core) to play online

Best regards,
    Jose.
  6. Smwutches Win User

A subscription has always been required to play online on console. It used to be Gold. Gold was discontinued and Game Pass Core was created. So you need Core or Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Core) to pay online.
Thema:

1. I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for... - Similar Threads - madden disc won't

2. I do not have a code for my Madden points

in XBoX on Windows
    I do not have a code for my Madden points: My son bought a Madden points card at Target. He cannot read the code on the receipt. On top of that my husband cannot find his log in information for his Microsoft account as one of the emails he...
  3. I bought madden 24 and just want to be able to play offline. Do I have to pay a monthly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought madden 24 and just want to be able to play offline. Do I have to pay a monthly...: I want to be able to play madden 24 offline. Do I have to pay for a monthly game pass plan? b7fa16c9-cbe7-4773-a4a5-b662af83a5a6
  4. Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded....: Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded. I do not see any section in settings or in account ghat says "included with my xbox"...
  5. Bought madden 17 code from game stop now it's asking for disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought madden 17 code from game stop now it's asking for disc: Bought madden 17 code at gamestop work fine last night now it's asking me for disc fa80ac51-307b-4919-b7be-4b80d0826061
  6. Madden 16 install size after the disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 16 install size after the disc.: how much is madden 16 install size after the 20 gig install from the disc? like most xb1 games there's always another 10 or 20 gig(or whatever) after the disc. I'm running low on space and I'm...
  7. Madden 15 Disc Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 15 Disc Update: I went to a friends house to download the latest 3.1 gig update for Madden 15 yesterday, but when it got to 100%, nothing changed. This was a surprise after a few minutes as (like many, I assume)...
  8. Madden 15 will not complete disc install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 15 will not complete disc install: After letting game install from disc last nite, I get up to play before work. I get a nessage about have person who bought game install game disc and click finish. I follow directions, but get...
  9. Disc nba live and madden wont play other discs incl. ea sports games play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc nba live and madden wont play other discs incl. ea sports games play: They worked previously but this week the box showed an install for them that I couldn't get to complete. I deleted nba live and re-installed it now all I get is a black screen when I start it....
  10. Xbox one 'Free up space' notification when trying to install Madden 15 from disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one 'Free up space' notification when trying to install Madden 15 from disc: Hello all, my console has over 200gb of free space. I can install other games from disc. For whatever reason, Madden 15 simply won't install. I put the disc in, and click 'install'. It...