I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

Discus and support I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrew _Mojave, Dec 28, 2023.

1. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date.

I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried and none worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-is-stuck-on-loading-screen/a80641cb-1b9f-4b57-b568-0866d73f9c9e

Please help!

:)

Andrew _Mojave, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen with the Xbox logo.

Hello Andrew _ my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing with the Xbox app, with the intention of being able to help you, I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a post by Itarte, a user, who mentions an alternative solution that personally worked for him and for me. It seemed like interesting information, which you should take into account:

It may be because of the language. The same thing happened to me and I solved it in the silliest way possible. In Windows 10 I have gone to settings, language and region. The language must be Spanish Spain and then below, the languages ​​that you have installed appear, the first one must be Spanish Spain. I'll show you a couple of videos of this person that has worked for me.

This is the one that has worked for me, the other one I didn't need to try.

https://youtu.be/zcu-n_0AR1M

This is the first one I've published that I haven't needed to try.

https://youtu.be/2_veeSGIkB0

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/63b309b8-4cf2-4f88-9c0d-01f991ac0388

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Ben Bradfield Win User

Xbox app is not working properly on Windows 10

I have tried all 3 solutions now and when I launch the xbox app I am still stuck with just the app having the black screen and the xbox logo in the middle pulsing.
  4. imworkinhere809 Win User

Xbox Fitness Refuses to start

I've been using Xbox Fitness regularly for at least 6 months. Other than a little lag (due to wifi) it's been great. Starting yesterday, I have not been able to get the app to launch. Like others on this thread, the app starts, displays the warning screen,
    goes to the green screen and just spins while music is playing. Tried the remedies suggested with no luck so far. This is unacceptable for a paid service!
  5. LastQuestion Win User

Windows 10 Xbox App loads black screen, then closes

Hi YanYann,

The only drives that have bitlocker encryption are external drives I periodically plug in to backup.

I unplugged the external HDD I had plugged in that uses bitlocker.
    Logged onto XboxAppTest profile.
    error code gone. presented with popup:
    "Gaming Services Required"
    "Install Gaming Services"
    downloaded services. Get UAC prompt to enter adminstrator acc password. Enter password.
    "There has been an error, see details".
    details:
    "Something Unexpected Happened"
    "Code: 0x80073D25"
    Go back to main adminstrator account, fully sign out.
    sign back into XboxAppText acc.
    Gaming Services installs fine.
    "Launching the Xbox App"
    "Updating 100%"
    Pulsating Xbox logo and black screen.
    No change after 5 minutes.
    Close program, restart.
    launches to Black screen with static Xbox logo, and then closes.
    Reboot PC. Log into XboxAppTest profile, Try to start Xbox app, launches to black screen with static logo, then closes.
  6. ClutchQuality Win User

Cold war beta not launching.

I just tried to launch it on my PC and it launched just fine. After it got past the "connecting to call of duty servers" screen, it sent me to the terms and conditions screen then just goes black with a little loading square. Stays like that and will not
    load.
Thema:

I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

1. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen... - Similar Threads - been unable launch

2. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  3. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.: I have already tried the "recovery" form online and have been denied twice. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in. I need a security code but I do not have...
  4. My rewards app on my Xbox isn’t working I’m UK but it’s unable to connect it’s been like...

in XBoX on Windows
    My rewards app on my Xbox isn’t working I’m UK but it’s unable to connect it’s been like...: I need help accessing the rewards app on my Xbox I’m connected to UK hit it keeps saying to update someone please help. 54673123-8372-48ba-b68b-6446cda6a587
  5. I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.: The more specific part I'll mention here is that we are both on separate versions of Windows. I am on Windows 11 and he is on Windows 10, I think this is why we're experiencing technical issues....
  6. I’ve been unable to play games like fortnite and MW2 due to the game closing whenever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’ve been unable to play games like fortnite and MW2 due to the game closing whenever I...: Xbox One S Fortnite Call Of Duty 799cdcc1-cc53-4877-889f-eebbbd843a7c
  7. Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...: Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend list. When I attempt to set up friendly, says I need to add friends. 021ee6f3-2705-4a7b-a757-244605d854dc
  8. My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.: My Xbox account which I have not used for years has been locked and I no longer have access to the phone number to verify it. I have been trying to use the online verify form however as it was so...
  9. I’m unable to reinstall fornite on my sons Xbox and have been trying to get a call back for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m unable to reinstall fornite on my sons Xbox and have been trying to get a call back for...: Hi I’m in need of some help. My son used to play fornite and then when trying to update it to the latest version it wouldn’t install. I uninstalled the game and then retried and it froze...
  10. I had my hard drive changed and since then I have been unable to install games on my PC...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had my hard drive changed and since then I have been unable to install games on my PC...: I had my hard drive changed and since then I have been unable to install games on my PC game pass account due to "Administrator approval required for installation". As Xbox support is non-existent...