I have been trying to remove myself from a Xbox "Family"

Discus and support I have been trying to remove myself from a Xbox "Family" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, my father died some time ago, and my account is still stuck in the "Family" he put my account into so he could set certain restrictions for summer... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Donoraptors, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Donoraptors
    Donoraptors Guest

So, my father died some time ago, and my account is still stuck in the "Family" he put my account into so he could set certain restrictions for summer vacations years before. But now he's gone and I cannot access his account to remove myself from the Family, nor can I reclaim the account to fix any of my current issues.
    I do not know the account password, I cannot get into the email on his account, and I cannot remove myself from the "Family" without my account going into lockdown even though the birth date is set so that I should have full control when I remove myself.

Also, a small secondary question: Is it possible for me to merge my account and his account so that I do not have to either abandon one, or constantly have 2 emails and 2 passwords on my clipboard and such?

:)

Donoraptors, Jul 4, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

I am so sorry to hear about your father.

Regarding your problem, your account must be of legal age according to the laws of your country to be able to leave the family group on your own.

Using a web browser, sign in to family.microsoft.com.

Click next to your name and select Leave family group.

Select Remove to confirm.

To answer your questions, unfortunately it is not possible to merge two accounts.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. JudeHarcourt Win User

Microsoft account locked out of multiplayer due to being made a child account in a random family.

Hi, my issue is that I have been assigned to a family with someone I don't know, so it's impossible to get removed from the family. I must be a child account since I can't access any multiplayer games or remove myself from the family.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft Family: Removing myself from family.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sarah

As you're alone, may I know if you can try this workaround?

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your device

Then log in your account again and check
  5. Makipocky Win User

How do I remove myself from family?

Also if i remove myself from the family account (even though ive already been removed from it) Will i lose my gold membership even though it was purchased separately from the pack?
  6. LNYT_LEON Win User

I can't update my Privacy & online safety xbox settings.

NO I was in family but I removed myself from the group.
Thema:

1. I have been trying to remove myself from a Xbox "Family" - Similar Threads - been trying remove

2. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  3. I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody: For the last 3 days i have had -$210 in one of my checking accounts because microsoft charged me 14 times the $15 dollar game pass ultimate fee all on the same day at the same time. I have tried...
  4. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...: I have been having this issue for a week. I couldn’t find any multiplayer games . On my setting it’s says my upnp is unsuccessful. I have went into my router’s configuration and disables this and...
  7. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  8. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  9. ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11): after 2 days of trying i finally got it connected to my PC and series x and it sounds fine on my xbox but on my PC it constantly cuts oout and im not sure what to do ive reset it and followed all...
  10. Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...: I've been playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 continually for a week now, but today I tried to launch either of them and it gives me a message saying "When you got a refund on Forza...