I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the...

Discus and support I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to install Xbox app about 10 different ways at this point and I get nothing. Perma stuck at 10%. 11f5a1bf-8420-49f6-afac-31376c7c11ce Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tad Bonds, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Tad Bonds
    Tad Bonds Guest

I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the...

I have tried to install Xbox app about 10 different ways at this point and I get nothing. Perma stuck at 10%.

:)

Tad Bonds, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the way in. How do I fix?

Hello Tad,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the way in. How do I fix?

Hello Tad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with installing the Xbox app on your new PC. This issue may be caused by a corrupted download or a conflict with another program. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

1. Reset the Xbox App:
      • Sometimes, resetting the app can resolve installation issues:
        • Press Windows + I to open Settings.
        • Click on Apps.
        • Scroll down and find the Xbox app.
        • Click on it and select Advanced options.
        • Click the Reset button.
        • Try installing the app again.
    2. Check for Windows Updates:
      • Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date:
        • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
        • Click on Check for updates and install any available updates.
        • Restart your PC and try installing the Xbox app again.

3. Temporarily Disable Antivirus/Firewall:

• Sometimes security software can interfere with app installations:
      • Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall.
      • Install the Xbox app.
      • Remember to re-enable your security software afterward.

4. Clear the Windows Store cache: Sometimes, the Windows Store cache can cause issues with app installations. To clear the cache, press the Windows key + R, type "wsreset.exe" in the Run dialog box, and press Enter.

We hope you can enjoy the Xbox app soon. Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Microsoft xbox installer

Hi,

I really need more information about what is being installed and how the Xbox App is not fully installed on your Windows 10 PC. Does it get stuck, give you an error message?

Can you provide screenshots please?
  5. Bev Pizza Win User

Error Code: 0x803F8001

Good news//bad news. I did have a "stuck" Windows 10 update. I managed to get that installed. Restarted the computer and ran troubleshoot with no issues to fix.

Bad news, I am still unable to install Mahjong game. Reading what people are complaining about seems the "licensing" aspect is where it gets stuck. By the way, for the heck of it, I started to install another game and that worked. My issue is only with
    Mahjong.
  6. MahadiAntor Win User

Xbox Game Pass download keeps getting stuck. Need a fix.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to download an Xbox app on your PC.

If that is correct, you may want to try resetting the Store cache:

• Go to Start > type wsreset > select wsreset.
    • When the Store opens, check if app downloads have started.
    I am trying to download Metro Exodus from Xbox Game Pass App for PC but my download keeps getting stuck. This problem is not unique for this game but every game I try to download through Xbox Game Pass PC App through my Gamepass Pc subscription keeps getting
    stuck after running for a downloading for a 5 to 10 minutes. I noticed the download usally gets stuck when I use the internet during the download period. It doesn't matter if i use internet on the same pc or use my phone to connect to the same wifi. I don't
    think it's a problem with my connection. Because I don't have the same problem when I use steam, epic game store, origin, uplay etc. Only my microsoft/Xbox Gamepass Pc download seems to get stuck after running some time
Thema:

1. I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the... - Similar Threads - been trying install

2. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  3. I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody: For the last 3 days i have had -$210 in one of my checking accounts because microsoft charged me 14 times the $15 dollar game pass ultimate fee all on the same day at the same time. I have tried...
  4. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...: I have been having this issue for a week. I couldn’t find any multiplayer games . On my setting it’s says my upnp is unsuccessful. I have went into my router’s configuration and disables this and...
  7. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  8. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  9. I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...: It's a newly built pc so I think this could have an effect on this issue e1ac1728-8e92-47b0-b570-48b4658d436c
  10. I've been trying to install Persona 5 on PC, but the installation progress won't go pass 13%

in XBoX on Windows
    I've been trying to install Persona 5 on PC, but the installation progress won't go pass 13%: After restarting my computer multiple times, uninstalling the Xbox App and reinstalling it and following every troubleshooting option in Xbox app website, I still can't install the game. Every...