I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

Discus and support I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X.... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Michael Harwood1, Apr 20, 2024.

1. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox.

When I begin recording a game, done by pressing the Xbox button on the controller, and navigate to the Capture and share menu, and then select Start recording - I get the pop-up message telling me the recording has started but when I go back to the Capture and share menu there is no indication that the recording is actually occurring. No matter how many times I select the Start recording option, the recording does not occur. This is further confirmed when I check the external drive on my laptop. There are no files present on the external drive. My capture settings on Xbox are set to record on my external drive.

On occasion the menu that pops up when depressing the Xbox button on the controller freezes. It pops up but I cannot navigate through the various menu options or make any selections. When this has occurred, I am forced to stop playing, turn off the Xbox, and then restart it again.

I noticed this for the first time recently, when I attempted to record a game, stepped through the process as described above, and received the pop-up message indicating the recording had started yet there was no file captured at the end. I typically empty my external drive completely between gaming sessions so this is not an issue relating to a lack of space. After a couple of these intermittent events, I decided to remove power from my Xbox let it sit for 30-45 seconds, apply power again, and then turn it on thinking it needed a prolonged restart. This did not fix the issue. I also attempted to reset my Xbox which also failed to fix the issue. Finally, I attempted to use another external Samsung Portable SSD - this time a 2TB drive - but the intermittent issue remained. This new external SSD was brand new out of the box utilizing a new and previously unused USB cable.

I’m not sure what else to try or what more to do. Do you have any suggestions? I am typically recording individual Fortnite games, which last no more than 25 minutes each. After each game, I stop the recording and then start recording again at the beginning of a new game. This is the same method I have used for over a year with the same drive and following the exact same method without any issues. This isn’t about getting a partial recording or running out of space on the drive. The recording simply never starts despite the pop-up message indicating otherwise.

Any help you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Michael Harwood1, Apr 20, 2024
  2. ZONTOR SHWAA 53 Win User

Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

Thanks for responding Rodrigo.

Sadly the formula you offer makes no difference.

I just briefly experienced it so started a report a problem ,but as these things tend to happen there wasn't a repeat of the issue.

As I stated it's an intermittent issue where sometimes I can watch Youtube without any stuttering sound which lasts about 2 minutes.

This is the second series x I have experienced it on.

Not even a factory reset solves the problem and I'm talking about a FULL reset which apart from the inconvenience of reinstalling some apps including the Youtube one I have been forced to try.

Along with the dvr corruption and virtual keyboard issues which I have both reported is bringing me closer to leaving Microsoft Gaming err I mean Xbox altogether.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

XBox Series X MSFS 2020 Faulty Recordings

Try recording directly to the Xbox Series X internal SSD, to see if the same issue happens, please.
  4. s33r Win User

Xbox series X game brightness issue

I've had this occasionally and as far as I can tell it's related to how my Series X (or One X before that) invokes HDR on my TV. It's intermittent and was often resolved by launching a HDR game or rebooting my XBox.
  5. Beekdoor Win User

Xbox One PARTY CHAT not working -- My NAT is OPEN

Having the same issue. My friends list was working intermittently when I first experienced the issue. It kept saying friends were offline, then it showed them online, then off again. Joined a party and chat wasn't working. Plugged my controller into the
    USB charger and all of a sudden chat worked...for a solid minute and stopped again.

This is getting old. Xbox Live has been experiencing the most intermittent issues the last few months then it ever has since I've been a subscriber.
  6. SCAR XLAX baby Win User

Can't link my discord with my xbox

I'm still experiencing this issue with my series x as of 12/5/23. Has there been any work around?
    I just got this issue today I’m from Colombia and got a series s Xbox
Thema:

I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

1. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X.... - Similar Threads - been experiencing intermittent

2. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  5. Been unfairly penalised for a LFG Post

in XBoX on Windows
    Been unfairly penalised for a LFG Post: Recently i got a strike on my Account which i found to be unfair and i didn't break any T&S. first of all i was a ambassador level 4 and ive had a clean record for years . Then week ago i received...
  6. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  7. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  8. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  9. I bought a Series S console and i’ve been experiencing problems with staying connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Series S console and i’ve been experiencing problems with staying connected to...: please help with this problem so i don’t have to return my console 2dee7ca2-c3d8-4ac3-a757-3dbc4f2b89f9
  10. I have been experiencing a lot of issues regarding the Xbox PC App that have now bled into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been experiencing a lot of issues regarding the Xbox PC App that have now bled into...: So, as the title suggests, I have experienced a lot of issues with Xbox's PC app, namely being that I cannot download, uninstall, cancel or pause anything in my download section through the app....