I have been dos attacked

Discus and support I have been dos attacked in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been attacked over xbox by someone claiming to have my ip address, because I had no idea about ddos I thought he was just lying to try and scare... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xz BiNmAn zX, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Xz BiNmAn zX
    Xz BiNmAn zX Guest

I have been dos attacked

I have been attacked over xbox by someone claiming to have my ip address, because I had no idea about ddos I thought he was just lying to try and scare me however my whole houses internet went down for a few minutes then I could reconnect. I know the gamertag
    of who did this and I am afraid that he know quite a bit about me. His gamer tag is eN Namrog

:)

Xz BiNmAn zX, Jan 7, 2014
  2. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Am I Being DoS attacked?

I guess my post was typed in white then... I used to work for an ISP...

If all the lights flash on the modem, when this drop-out happens...

It means, the modem has lost sync from the ISP..

If the Power & Internet lights are solid & Tx / Rx Lights are flashing...

It's either packet loss or packets out of order & the modem is asking for the information to be sent again...

This also Depends on your Modem Ping Time to ISP & LIVE.. Latency [Ping time] can cause a drop-out from the gaming server, by causing packets to be out of sync/order etc...

OCRyzen, Jan 7, 2014
  3. banej
    banej Guest
    Am I Being DoS attacked?

Try power cycling your router (Power off, unplug power plug, wait 30 sec, plug back power plug and power on). If that does not work, try contacting your ISP.

banej, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest

I have been dos attacked

He only knows your ip address and your ISP, any personal information like who you are and where you live he would not know. If you haven't all ready file a complaint and block communications with him. If you want to take it further get in contact with you
    ISP for help.

Auswulf, Jan 7, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

I have been dos attacked