I have bedrock edition, but why is Microsoft asking me to buy java and bedrock despite...

Discus and support I have bedrock edition, but why is Microsoft asking me to buy java and bedrock despite... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Bedrock years ago, and decided to play it on pc, and everything works fine, i can even play dungeons and legends. However when i wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fynn202, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Fynn202
    Fynn202 Guest

I have bedrock edition, but why is Microsoft asking me to buy java and bedrock despite...

I bought Bedrock years ago, and decided to play it on pc, and everything works fine, i can even play dungeons and legends. However when i wanted to play java (because i like java more) i'm being asked to pay for both bedrock and java, despite already having bedrock. i searched online and it said if i already have bedrock then i can get java for free, so why is it that i have to pay to play??

:)

Fynn202, Sep 8, 2023
  2. victor ‎‎ Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

The Xbox edition of Minecraft in the screenshot is still the Bedrock edition, is it not? I should have access to Java through owning the Bedrock edition, and I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play it if I played Java in the past with my Microsoft account without having to buy Java.
  3. savannah bush Win User

buggy purchasing

it does not show minecraft bedrock edition as already purchased on this account, it is making me buy Java and bedrock. I do not want Java, I just want bedrock, which I should already have.
  4. Elasder2014 Win User

I can't claim minecraft Java Edition even tho I have Bedrock edition for Windows 10

I only have bedrock edition for Windows 10 not java. It says I need to buy Java edition even tho I have bedrock Windows 10 edition. Why can't I claim it it should been available for a long time now
  5. Tomm_A Win User

I have bedrock edition, but why is Microsoft asking me to buy java and bedrock despite having bedrock already?

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

6. Tomm_A Win User

I have bedrock edition, but why is Microsoft asking me to buy java and bedrock despite having bedrock already?

Hello Fynn202,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are trying to claim the Minecraft: Java Edition which you can get for free and is unable to. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

Here are the steps to redeem it if you have Minecraft: Bedrock Edition purchase before. The steps are taken from the game developer support team.

• Click here to go to the Microsoft Store listing for Minecraft: Java & Bedrock for PC.
    • Sign-in to the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft account. Please note: If you still only have a Mojang account and have not yet migrated to a Microsoft account, you will have to migrate to a Microsoft account before you can redeem your new game. Don’t fret, migrating your account is easy and free! (Click here to learn more about account migration or migrate your account now to take advantage of this offer.)
    • Once you’re signed in, instead of a “Buy” button you should see a button that says “Get.” Click this button – and now you own both editions!
    For your reference, see: Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC FAQ | Minecraft Help

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. I have bedrock edition, but why is Microsoft asking me to buy java and bedrock despite... - Similar Threads - bedrock edition why

2. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...: Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message, "Failed attempt to join realm. Please try again later." This has now been going on for 2 days. I was in the...
  3. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  4. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  5. I can't get Java edition with my Bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get Java edition with my Bedrock edition: I have Minecraft Bedrock edition for pc & when I try to get my free copy java edition it doesn't say "get" like it says it should it says "buy". In the launcher it shows play/install for bedrock...
  6. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  7. if i have the bedrock edition of minecraft and i use the xbox gamepass can i play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i have the bedrock edition of minecraft and i use the xbox gamepass can i play the...: I currently own the bedrock edition of Minecraft; I would like to know if I could get the java version permanently through xbox gamepass. e5dcc5c6-ac53-467c-a618-eab633ac2011
  8. Minecraft: I bought java and bedrock but I am unable to install java edition. Why would...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft: I bought java and bedrock but I am unable to install java edition. Why would...: I bought both of them Im sure and I can install and play bedrock but not java edition. I have had bedrock for a month or two now and still cant install java. 09096e37-7f75-4832-8cb9-aaf569f5f87e
  9. If I have bought minecraft java and bedrock edition already (using a redeem code), why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have bought minecraft java and bedrock edition already (using a redeem code), why does...: After buying java and bedrock edition redeem code from eb games, I redeemed using a microsoft account, which meant I should have access to both. Java works fine but whilst trying to download it...
  10. My account was forced migrated to the Java/Bedrock edition. Why do I have to repurchase the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was forced migrated to the Java/Bedrock edition. Why do I have to repurchase the...: My account was forced to migrate to the Java/Bedrock edition, and it now appears that I have to repurchase the game? Why can I not just relog into my account? 2b008553-17a5-4ca0-9b8b-90bf0ad150d1