I have and wired headset and the audio cuts in and out.

Discus and support I have and wired headset and the audio cuts in and out. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wired headset and a elite seires 2 controller. My audio is fine playing games but when intry and watch youtube or crunchyroll my audio.gets... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jchmetallicafan, Dec 3, 2023.

1. I have and wired headset and the audio cuts in and out.

I have a wired headset and a elite seires 2 controller. My audio is fine playing games but when intry and watch youtube or crunchyroll my audio.gets really choppy. What could cause this?

:)

jchmetallicafan, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Gwyndledore Win User

Does your headset come with any kind of third party software? If so it might need updating.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your wired headset audio. This can be very annoying and frustrating, especially when you want to enjoy your favorite music or games.

Here are a few possible causes and solutions for this issue:
    - Damaged cables: Kinks or frays in the cable can weaken the internal wires within the headphone cable, leading to breaks or shorts in the electrical connections. This can result in audio cutting out or producing intermittent static. You can try replacing the cable with a new one or repairing it with some tools and materials.

- Cable connector issues: The connectors at the ends of the cable, which plug into your device or headphones, can become damaged or loose over time. This can cause poor electrical connections, leading to audio cut-outs or inconsistent sound quality. You can try cleaning the connectors with a soft cloth or a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.

- Dirty or corroded audio jack: Dust and debris can accumulate inside the audio jack of your device, causing poor contact between the jack and the headphone connector. This may lead to audio disruptions or complete loss of sound. Liquid damage can also cause corrosion or oxidation on the metal surfaces within the audio jack or the headphone connector, leading to poor conductivity and audio cut-outs. You can try cleaning the audio jack with a dry cotton swab or compressed air.

- Loose connections: If the headphone connector is not properly inserted into the audio jack, it can result in an unstable connection and intermittent audio issues. If the internal wiring within the headphones or the device’s audio jack is loose or damaged, it can also cause poor electrical connections and audio cut-outs. You can try reinserting the headphone connector firmly into the audio jack and checking for any signs of damage.

- Faulty audio source: Problems with your device’s hardware, such as a damaged sound card, outdated drivers, software issues like corrupted files, etc., can cause audio inconsistencies or cut-outs when using wired headphones. You can try updating your device’s drivers and software, running a system scan for errors, disabling any background programs that might interfere with your sound settings, etc.

- Incompatibility between devices: In some cases, the headphones and the audio source may not be fully compatible, leading to audio issues. For example, if your headphones have a different impedance than your device’s output port, it might cause distortion or clipping of sound waves. You can try using an adapter that matches your headphones’ impedance level.

I hope this helps.
  4. Blizak Win User

Audio/mic problem stuttering choppy audio xbox one x

I am having the same problem, I have the Astro A50 headset, the audio cuts in and out constantly, the Astros have a base station for charging the headset connected via the USB for power and the optical cable for sound. I notice when the sound cuts out the
    lights on my base station go out as if it has lost connection intermediately. When I move the base station for the headset and my router away from my xbox by about a foot or two, the audio stops cutting in and out and works perfectly. Must be some interference
    wifi maybe?
  5. REEFIS Win User

Playing game sound with turtle beach x11

I have the audio out on my tv. But was wondering if you could just use the kinect to communicate instead of attaching the other headset. Is it easy to communicate with teammates? Can you hear them in your x11 without it cutting the game audio cutting
    out?
  6. Burnin TODI Win User

Using my TB xp400s ? (Wireless headset)

My game audio (wireless) works fine to my TB deltas....just plugged in the optic audio from the TV output to the TB base station input. For chatting, I cut the wire from the Xbox One chat headset and soldered the wires to a 2.5mm plug that came with my TB
    headset....though I would prefer to get chat wirelessly, at least it works well and I can decide in the future if I want to go with the adapter or a new set of headsets......
Thema:

1. I have and wired headset and the audio cuts in and out. - Similar Threads - wired headset audio

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  7. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  8. Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset

in XboX Insiders
    Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset: I just got the Xbox series x and did the new controller update about week or so ago. It seems since after the controller update my there is no audio coming out of my wired headset. The controller...
  9. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  10. Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless): Anybody else have this problem? It's just in apps, audio works fine in games. submitted by /u/serialkillerx87 [link] [comments]