I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

Discus and support I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It works fine in the menu and to naviagte before the game; but starting at the game menu, it pushes up. it's not a controller issue and I just want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matt Pollacek, Dec 30, 2023.

1. I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

It works fine in the menu and to naviagte before the game; but starting at the game menu, it pushes up. it's not a controller issue and I just want to know if anyoner else has had this problem. The game is Ark Survival Evolved. I've tried different controller mappings that people have posted, changhing out settings, but no matter what I change, the fact that it goes up is a constant.

:)

Matt Pollacek, Dec 30, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

This is one of the most common problems in the controls, when it starts to occur it may only happen in one game or the menu but as the days go by the error will appear in other games, the tips I gave you before can help you to identify if the problem is present in the control. But from what it says the problem seems to be in the joystick specifically, here I will leave you the instructions on how to calibrate your control from a PC with Windows 10:

1. Access Windows 10 settings from the notification panel.
    2. Go to "Devices" and then "Printers and scanners" under "Devices and printers."
    3. Find your connected device, such as an Xbox controller.
    4. Right-click and select "Game Controller Settings".
    5. In the properties window, go to "Settings" and choose "Calibrate".
    6. Follow the instructions in the calibration wizard, such as leaving the D-pad in the center and pressing each button.

If you want to see more information on how to do it, here is the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxUnwrBwp0A

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

If the problem persists after calibration, I recommend that you try repair or replacement advice based on your control's warranty.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hi Matt! I'm Khaji, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your controller. If you've noticed unusual behavior on your controller for some time when playing games or using a specific app, check your game settings to rule out issues related to controller settings or calibration. Also, be sure to close and restart the game or app in question.

If the issue persists across all games and apps, continue to the next step.

Make sure your controller is clean and free of obstructions on joysticks and buttons.
    Unplug it before cleaning.
    Use a soft cloth with soap and water, ********* alcohol, or disinfectant wipes.
    Clean every 3–6 months or as needed.

Consider updating your controller firmware.
    You can know how to update in the following links:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

Xbox Wireless Controller Update.
    If you think the problem is update, visit the page:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-firmware-solution

If you're experiencing consistent issues across all games and apps, your controller's button settings may have changed. Check the following:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Under "Profile & System", select "Settings".
    Under "Devices & Connections," choose "Controllers and Headphones."
    On the controller screen, select "Settings."
    Carefully review the current button mapping and, if necessary, restore the default settings.
    If you don't get a button response when you play with an Xbox Bluetooth controller on a Windows device, make sure you have the latest Windows update. Check for updates and check controller firmware through the Xbox Accessories app after updating Windows.

If the above solutions don't help, you may need a replacement. Check the warranty to request it. If it is out of warranty, you can purchase replacement components for repairs, with caution due to the need for moderate technical skills:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

Best regards, Khaji
  4. Matt Pollacek Win User

The thing is it’s fine when navigating through Steam and mapping controller. It does “ go up” and I can click and navigate to all the different sections using the controller. It’s just for the one game
  5. Albert X Win User

Tenchu Z

I love the game, butvas for now no new titles will be added until tge Xbox Series X launches. Once the program picks up steam again we will see what the future past holds.
  6. Shagaboopon Win User

Xbox Series X syncing issue!

I also have this issue with an elite series 1 controller. When it happens though the original series x controller will not pair either until a hard reset.
Thema:

1. I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam. - Similar Threads - series controller hold

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  10. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge: It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when I unplug it, even after "charging"...