I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

Discus and support I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Baity, Nov 17, 2023.

1. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own Wi-Fi same provider and same like bandwidth and everything. I have a gaming PC for my wife that's in the same room as my Xbox and everything we have device wise connected just fine. Even my Xbox did for a while maybe a day. Next day it won't connect to the internet and it acts like I'm entering in the wrong password. So eventually I try restarting the router and that works for a day. The next day I come in and it's broken again. I called support and the call wasn't all that great and so it failed halfway through but the person suggested that I factory reset the Xbox so I did got to keep all my games and whatnot and it worked for another day. And then I come back on and once again it's not connected to the internet acts like I'm entering in the wrong password. I'm really at a loss and don't know what to do here because I know it's not connection issues as I've already stated this is in the same room as my PC and get signal just fine it's not a power issue due to the fact that the internet that I used to have which had more devices on it was the same speed as this one and worked perfectly fine. So I don't know what to do and now anytime I want to just chill and relax after a long day I have to jump through all these hoops. I share this internet with my roommates and I can't just turn it off on them willy-nilly like that especially since one of them works from home. So I desperately need a situation that's going to permanently fix this thing.

:)

Michael Baity, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Sorry you're facing issues with your Xbox and Wi-Fi connection. If a hard reset only fixes the issue for a short while, I suggest you try use the ethernet cable instead if that is possible. You can also try check if there are any software updates available on the console. You can also try check the setup of the Wi-Fi.

I hope this helps.
  3. squishybug162 Win User

Xbox 360 profile won't download to my Xbox Series S

Hi AJ, I have tried the steps you provided plus direct connected my Xbox to my router. I can not get my Xbox 360 profile to download on my Xbox Series S. I have factory reset my Xbox Series S and tried again still won't work. I even restarted my modem and router to see if that would help. Nothing works I get the same message every time can't connect to Xbox live service, check you internet connection and try again.

Any other ideas? Xbox needs to fix this, this is ridiculous.

-Shawn
  4. BladeShin Win User

My home Xbox not working

I am also having this issue just purchased a new series x and factory reset it twice now but the box won't stay checkmarked
  5. Dafydd92 Win User

Apps give me installation stopped error "0x80072f8f" but games work completely fine. Xbox One S.

I'm having the same problem

I'm on Xbox One.

I cannot download a single app!

I've tried the following

Restarted my console

Tried wired and wireless connection

Reset my router

I even did a Factory reset

Yet it still won't download a single app
  6. Dafydd92 Win User

Xbox one X apps won't install

I'm having the same problem except I'm on Xbox One.

And except the fact I cannot download a single app!

I've tried the following

Restarted my console

Tried wired and wireless connection

Reset my router

I even did a Factory reset

Yet it still won't download a single app, not even the bluray app
Thema:

1. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router. - Similar Threads - series won't stay

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  4. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  5. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  6. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  7. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  8. Xbox series x won't stay on for more than 10 seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x won't stay on for more than 10 seconds: Is there any way I could fix this submitted by /u/knights4412 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected: I just got a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, and even when wired to my PC, it stops working in the middle of an Apex Legends game. The light is still on but there's not response from the...
  10. Why won't the series x stay connected to wifi??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the series x stay connected to wifi??: Everytime I turn The xbox on it is not connected to Wi-Fi.Then when I go to turn it says it cannot find any Wi-Fi around. So when I go to search for a Wi-Fi I can just hit any. Number. Or letter...