I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

Discus and support I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prototyp8, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Prototyp8
    Prototyp8 Guest

I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it.

Is there anyway I can factory reset this console or is it as good as useless?

:)

Prototyp8, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Prototyp8, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure to follow these steps:

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Download the update file:

https://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.

Unzip the file.

Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).

Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.

Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yes to update the new console software.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

Let me know if it works!
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Hello help help.Xbix 360 gears of war Can't get parental lock off All advice on line appears not as advertised

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Hi Roger from Wolverhampton,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing the parental lock from your Xbox 360. Here are a few steps you can try to remove the parental lock:

Try the default parental lock passcode: The default passcode for Xbox 360 parental lock is "0000" or "1234". Try entering these codes to see if it unlocks the parental control.

Reset your Xbox 360 to factory settings: This will erase all data on your console, including the parental control settings. To do this, go to "System Settings" > "Storage" > "All Devices" > "System Items" > "Hard Drive" > "Reset System Settings".

Remove the parental lock through your Microsoft account: Go to your Microsoft account on a web browser, select "Devices" > "Xbox Consoles" > "Manage" > "Remove Console" to remove the parental lock from your Xbox 360.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX 360 Konto (Mod Translation: XBOX 360 Account)

5. CoveringFilly96 Win User

Adult account

Can I just delete the profile from my xbox 360? or will it delete both xPartly Viper and ? My parents never use the parent account () I just made it because it made me when I put in my birth date upon making
    my account 2 years ago. (I'm 14)
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Securing the parental restart

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that you've forgotten the parental lock code on your 360. For assistance with a reset and for more info about the parental safeguards: Parental
    safeguards for Xbox Live and your Xbox 360 console
    . This contains some great information on how to keep your account and other family accounts safe.

I hope this helps out!
Thema:

1. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset. - Similar Threads - 360 years ago

2. my dad got banned from the 360 like 10 years ago.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my dad got banned from the 360 like 10 years ago.: i know that console bans are extremely rarely lifted but can it be lifted somehow? i need an answer ASAP 49f10259-ccb7-4202-bb40-d34669c24a21
  3. Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?: My old gamertag is still associated with my Microsoft account email address and Xbox Live Online account. I have not not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold since July 2015. There is a resubscribe...
  4. How do you feel about the xbox 360 store shutting down next year?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you feel about the xbox 360 store shutting down next year?: I personally find it unacceptable. Microsoft is a almost 3 trillion dollar company with unlimited resources. They've said multiple times that games preservation is important to them but dozens of...
  5. Hi all , I have just brought my 8 year old daughter an old Xbox 360 my question is can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi all , I have just brought my 8 year old daughter an old Xbox 360 my question is can I...: Hi all I have just brought my 8 year old daughter an old Xbox 360 , can I still get Xbox live so she can play Minecraft with her friends , Thanks in advance 15874db7-1ab5-4bc5-ac44-6d7e384f7f27
  6. My 360 sat for over a year unplugged. Now It shows that the internal 4 gig does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360 sat for over a year unplugged. Now It shows that the internal 4 gig does not work.: How to fix this? 4488-4497-1380-267F-C000-0185 I have noticed I am not the only one with an issue but I can not find a fix online that works. 5674d190-4446-40ad-b7e7-5f926e064050
  7. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for BOTH 360 and xBox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for BOTH 360 and xBox One: I bought the Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for both 360 and XBox One and my One will not recognize the game anywhere. It is like the disk is not even there. My console is up to date and...
  8. Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360: Hello, I had an xbox 360 6 years ago and I had multiple users on it. Now with Halo coming to pc I heard that the game might force you to use your xbox live gamertag, which I do not want to use. I...
  9. Fallout Game of the year edition for Xbox One and Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout Game of the year edition for Xbox One and Xbox 360: Hello this is Lucario, and I have a major problem. I have Fallout Game Of The Year edition BUT I have installed 5 DLCs (The usual) and they didn't load, I am on Xbox One, and yes I have tried to...
  10. if i not play a hole year or more years in the xbox 360 cod's, i deranked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i not play a hole year or more years in the xbox 360 cod's, i deranked?: i read a story for the player who not play a long time in the xbox 360 generation of cod's and he deranked, this is true? 4c7dfbfb-935e-4b33-84ff-5a4306372078