I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

Discus and support I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nicholas carrizales, Apr 16, 2024.

1. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of

:)

Nicholas carrizales, Apr 16, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Nicholas, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

You can see the latest operating system version for Xbox 360 consoles at the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/es-MX/help/xbox-360/console/system-update-operating-system

Additionally, that same link provides detailed instructions on how to view the version currently installed on your console, allowing you to verify if the system is fully updated.

If your Xbox 360 console is not fully updated, you can learn how to update it through the instructions provided in this other link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Gerardo.
  3. PixelPatch Win User

playing old xbox games on a 360 AHHHH! Help

You need to update the console via usb or disc if your console isn't connected to Live Jameser78.

I'm guessing this is the case with your console then? otherwise, is the game on the compatible list? does your 360 have an official microsoft hard drive in it?

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

here's a link to updating console.
  4. Smwutches Win User

How do I update xbox 360 to play original xbox games

5. TMX boxburn Win User

My 360 is infected with Adware

Your console does not have ad-ware or any virus, the Xbox 360 console is very secure and unmodified consoles cannot under any circumstances run any code which is not digitally signed by Microsoft. The adverts you see are part of the official dashboard update
    and cannot be removed and the Bing search bar is for easy content browsing on the console. There is no way to reverse a major dashboard update as the update changes a hex value which disables an eFuse, each update needs a certain amount of these eFuses so
    when one is disabled, the previous dashboard version cannot run. (Or simply, once updated, the console is incapable of running an older dashboard)
  6. Ronnieee Win User

I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help updating your Xbox 360.

Are you still able to go past the update and get to the settings?

If not, I would suggest connecting the console wired and try to update that way.

If that does not help, it would be best to do an offline update instead.

You can check this guide for options on updating it offline:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...
Thema:

1. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update - Similar Threads - 360 does console

2. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  3. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  4. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  5. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  6. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  7. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  8. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  9. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  10. Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...: Can my 360 console use my gold card membership mine wont give me nothing free or even a game to play free i spent 25 bucks for nothing tell me why plz 5186f875-9de4-4eda-ad36-6e225559eab3