I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

Discus and support I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Linda Bulger, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Linda Bulger
    Linda Bulger Guest

I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next?

:)

Linda Bulger, Mar 18, 2024
  2. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Game in dead Xbox

Hello, Bob233WP

Thank you for contacting Forum support! (๑•᎑•๑)♬

Just to clarify, is this an Xbox ORIGINAL?

(the original Xbox with the giant X on the console with the eject and power button above one another on the front of the console?)

Can you clarify (Is this a 360 or Original console)

Because if that is the case and this is an Original console, there is a Manual release button in front of the console.

On the Right side of the disc tray, next to the eject button there is a small hole. Input a paper clip or similar item to manually eject the disc (make sure console is not plugged in).

Please let me know if that works!

Thank you!
  3. RoMoGAMER Win User

Older version xbox (not 360) won't open the disc tray

Try the troubleshooter here:

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Below is cut-and-paste from the troubleshooter. It makes more sense with the illustrations .I recommend that you just follow the link above.

Original Xbox 360 console: How to manually eject the disc tray

Remove the faceplate

First you need to remove your console’s faceplate. Here’s how:

Unplug the power and A/V cables from the back of your console..Position your console horizontally, as you would position a DVD player.While holding your console firmly, push the faceplate away from the console with your thumbs.

Note You will need to use some force to remove the faceplate.

Manually eject the disc tray

Unplug the power and A/V cables from the back of your console. If your console has a hole below the right side of the disc drive, insert the straight end of the paper clip into the hole as shown in the picture below.

If your console does not have the hole pictured below, skip to step

Push the paper clip until you feel some resistance (about 1 inch or 2.5 cm into the hole).

If you’re successful, the disc tray will pop out slightly. Pull the tray out the rest of the way with your fingers and skip to step 9. If the disc tray does not open, try the next step.

Find the two holes below the left side of the disc drive, and insert the paper clip into the hole on the

Push the paper clip until you feel some resistance (about 1 inch or 2.5 cm into the hole).Note Make sure you are pushing the gear mechanism and not the metal plate

If you’re successful, the disc tray will pop out slightly. Pull the tray out the rest of the way with your fingers and skip to step 9.

If the disc drive is still stuck closed, insert the paper clip into the adjacent hole (to the right) and push again. If you’re successful, the disc tray will pop out slightly.M

Plug the power cord into the back of the console. Press the eject button to open and close the disc drive. If the disc drive works properly, reattach the console faceplate.

Note If a disc is in the tray, make sure that it is not sticky and does not have a label that might prevent the tray from opening again in the future.

Hope this helps !
  4. {Parity} Win User

Disc not ejecting

Using the paper clip is the typical method for ejecting a disc from the drive manually. It can sometimes be harder than you expect but it should work.

However, if it continues to be an issue you should get the console repaired.
  5. Together32 Win User

game is stuck inside my console

Try these steps

Here's what you need to do:

1. Turn off your console and remove the power cable from the rear.
    2. Find a large paper clip and straighten it, or locate something of similar thickness with at least an inch of length.
    3. On the left-hand side of the original Xbox console, slightly above and to the right of the USB port, you should see an orange square. On Xbox One S, this is an orange circle.
    4. Located next to the orange square/inside the orange circle is the eject hole, put the paper clip in it.
    5. You might need to angle it forwards at the same time, but ensure to push the paper clip as far inside as possible.
    Your disc should now appear very slightly out of the drive slot on the front of the console. Not all the way but far enough to be able to grab hold and remove the offending item.
  6. Cpt Sizzlepants Win User

Xbox One: Green and Black screen of death.

I just had this same thing happen to me. I manually ejected the DVD that was in Xbox. You do this by inserting a paper clip in the hole by the yellow sticker inside of the vents on the left side of the Xbox. Then restarted my Xbox and it started working
    just fine. If you are stuck on the green screen and have a disc in the disc drive, give this a shot. Hope this helps someone else.
Thema:

1. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next? - Similar Threads - original disc drive

2. Xbox one original,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original,: Power brick flashes between white and orange 4 times white before staying orange. For about 6 seconds each time. 6 for white then 6 for orange. Xbox won't turn on just turns right back off....
  3. How can I fix my original Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my original Xbox One?: It is giving me a E102 error on startup. We have reset it and it won't let us do a offline update. Can we fix it? 1c3a3b95-760d-4ae6-853d-ecc6be84e6c7
  4. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  5. Original Xbox won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox won't read discs: Hey guys, anyone have experience with working on original Xbox? Mine stopped reading discs. I opened it up and replaced the laser, as I read that is a common problem since it is so old. It still...
  6. Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?: I am an owner of an Xbox one S, and I have been looking to buy a disc copy of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six Lockdown, which are original Xbox games. If I were to insert one of these...
  7. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  8. Can I play an original xbox need for speed underground 2 disc in my series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play an original xbox need for speed underground 2 disc in my series x?: Can I play an original xbox need for speed underground 2 disc on my series x cb1a7590-1976-4f8d-b150-5453b578cba8
  9. trying to download the original GTAV on disc but every time it gets to 58.1% its freezes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trying to download the original GTAV on disc but every time it gets to 58.1% its freezes...: i try to install original version of GTA V but the game always freezes at 58.1% while installing and everything i tried has not worked, i would like some help with this many thanks Lewis...
  10. Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc: I was able to get the disc app prompt to randomly appear that would allow me to download the game, but it gave me the ""this game is not playable here. For a list of Xbox 360 games playable on...