I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it?

Discus and support I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The phone number attached to the mention account I no longer use, nor the credit car used to buy content. ade55a99-e468-4b30-9607-620ec9a32cb5 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Noel Quintero, Aug 18, 2023.

1. I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it?

The phone number attached to the mention account I no longer use, nor the credit car used to buy content.

:)

Noel Quintero, Aug 18, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it?

3. WPAK Win User

can i no longer recover the account ? *urgent*

Hi there,

since you were already in contact via email with someone, it may be best to wait and see if you get another reply back.

If there is no reply in a week then you could try to reach out again to Support and see if they can provide more information.
  4. amer agbariah Win User

can i no longer recover the account ? *urgent*

i got a new mail from the same agent , the replys the exact same thing as the last one " Microsoft disabled access to the account due to a serious violation of the Microsoft Services Agreement".
    again my qeustions are not answerd .
    what should i do ?
  5. Annanda Martins Win User

I have an account using an email address no longer active, can I recover it and transfer it to my new account?

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

Unfortunately, that is not how it works, okay? Your friends cannot exactly back you up, because if you do not have access to your account in any way, you need to try to recover it and friends are not means to prove that this is your account ( Also, information and items purchased on one account cannot be transferred to another ).

This is the link for Account Recovery:

https://account.live.com/acsr

At the bottom of this link you will find some tips regarding Account Recovery:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/lost-password-solution

If you have made things up on your account ( have not used real information ) it can be a bit hard for you to recover your account, since this is not even correct. So try your best to recover your account.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  6. Lumie Helps Win User

How can I recover an account

Hello Owen C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community. My name is Lumie and I'm happy to help.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem. I understand how important recovering her account is to you.

When did you last successfully sign in to the Microsoft account? If you have not logged into the account for more than two years and it has been closed due to inactivity, you will not be able to use the Account Recovery Form to recover your account. Reference: [https://support.microsoft.com/office/7c0a9fa7-0982-b7c6-fd72-df852b63699f]

Did you have two-factor authentication (2FA) active on the account? If you do have the 2FA active, are you able to access the second factor of authentication? If so, please try resetting your password. Detailed steps on resetting your password can be found in the following support article: [https://support.microsoft.com/office/eff4f067-5042-c1a3-fe72-b04d60556c37]

Important: The account recovery form can only be used if two-step verification isn't turned on.

If you did not have 2FA active on the account, and the account was not deleted due to inactivity, you will need to try the Account Recovery Form: [https://account.live.com/acsr]

Detailed steps on how to use the Account Recovery Form can be found here: [https://support.microsoft.com/office/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42]

Microsoft takes account security very seriously, that's why Account Recovery is an automated process with no human influence. If you don't have the correct information, you may not be able to get through account verification using the Recovery Form.

The Account Recovery Form requires adequate information to prove that you are the owner of the account. The Account Recovery Process can be a time consuming process, but providing as much info as possible from the start of the process will increase the possibility of being verified by the automated process. You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft.

Remember to use a familiar device from which you've frequently accessed your Microsoft account, as well as a familiar location. Microsoft will review your responses and respond within 24 hours. If you are verified, instructions on how to log back into your account will be sent to you, and if you are not verified, you will need to submit the Account Recovery form again. You can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

It's important to note that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account, you will be sent back to the Account Recovery pages that have been linked above.

If your Microsoft account recovery request was not granted or was unsuccessful, please click the attached link for more information: [https://support.microsoft.com/office/dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53]

I understand you have tried before and been denied, but this does not mean you will always be denied. Please keep trying, the system works on probability, consistency is key! You only need to pass once. =)

While it might not be the outcome you are looking for, if you’re unsuccessful in recovering your account, then you will need to create a new Microsoft account. You can do that by clicking this link: [https://signup.live.com/]

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,
    Lumie
Thema:

1. I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it? - Similar Threads - active account longer

2. My account was hacked activity.

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked activity.: My account was hacked. I received an email from microsoft of suspicious activity. It was me. I already removed credit card info and reset my password. What do I do for the pending charges? It is...
  3. Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...: Xbox dev mode activations error c52f5548-aa27-47c1-947a-7b269c339945
  4. How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?: I can't contact support because the account is banned but there is no enforcement on the account so I can't contact through that either [img] ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility /...
  5. Microsoft locked my account for unusual activity.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft locked my account for unusual activity.: Hello all, I have reached a point of posting here, because I have quite literally had 0 luck elsewhere.. So one day I hop onto my Xbox as normal, I have never used Microsoft edge before but had...
  6. Why is my Minecraft account not letting me set it as active?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Minecraft account not letting me set it as active?: So I took a break over a course of a few months off of Minecraft, and after I tried to play it again it said I hadn't bought it. But then, I looked into my accounts and found my other account that...
  7. EA Pass isn't active on my EA account

in XBoX Accessibility
    EA Pass isn't active on my EA account: Ive created a xbox and bought gamepass but my EA Pass isn't active on my EA account. Ive tried unlinking and linking again, didn't work. Tried restarting both apps and also tried restarting the...
  8. My Microsoft account got deleted for malicious activity.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account got deleted for malicious activity.: My Microsoft account got deleted for malicious activity. I saw an email that says that it got deleted, and I checked the contents. I can't get access to my Minecraft or Microsoft account anymore....
  9. My account was still active until yesterday yet this morning the account was suddenly deleted.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was still active until yesterday yet this morning the account was suddenly deleted.: I was using the account last night when I was notified that the account apparently doesn't exist anymore. This morning while attempting to sign in to use the Minecraft launcher, I was told the...
  10. Family organizer account no longer active

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family organizer account no longer active: The adult family organizer email no longer exists and we can’t make changes to the child account as they are minors. How are you suppose to access the family settings to make changes or approve...