I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

Discus and support I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by christy ballard1, Dec 1, 2023.

1. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help

I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm still hoping yall will let me back in.

:)

christy ballard1, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot get into my account.

Hello christy ballard1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to recover your Microsoft account and settle your Game Pass subscription. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and process the account recovery here. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

To regain access to your account, you can try resetting your password by following these steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft account sign-in page.

2. Click on "Forgot my password".

3. Enter the email address or phone number associated with your account.

4. Follow the prompts to verify your identity.

5. Once verified, you can reset your password and regain access to your account.

If you're still having trouble accessing your account after resetting your password, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance since they have a better view than us. Regarding your Game Pass subscription, you can manage your subscription by logging into your Microsoft account and going to the "Subscriptions" section. From there, you can cancel or modify your subscription as needed. If you're still being charged for a subscription you haven't used, you can contact Microsoft support for assistance with cancelling or refunding the subscription.

To get in touch with our dedicated Xbox Support team, click this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us in a new tab or window. Once you're on the page, you'll see options where you can contact them via phone or live chat.

Hope I helped!

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot get into my account.

Hello christy ballard1,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. Gamer Nostalgia Win User

Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

I've actually had a random gamertag (Xbox LIVE account) associated to a Hotmail/Outlook LIVE email address when I created it.

Surely you should be able to log into the new account that was created when you created the new Outlook email address.

Change the email address associated with that new account, freeing up the new Outlook email address that you created.

Change the email address of your CURRENT Xbox LIVE ID to that new Outlook email address. Doing all that while on the computer, should still have that same Outlook email assigned to your phone, ON your phone. I don't have a Windows phone but that's basically
    what I had to do when it messed up on my new Windows 8 laptop.

However, with the new local currency that Microsoft has switched to, changing the LIVE ID associated with a gamertag MIGHT remove all remaining funds off the account.
  5. Mini Griffin Win User

Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

I’m having the exact same issue.

My phone number was previously on my account (i even have microsoft rewards texts saved) then suddenly and without warning Microsoft has removed my phone number (which i’ve had for over 10 years) and now I cannot access my rewards.

I’m not changing my number or buying a different sim for a mistake by Microsoft. And it isn’t attached to another account because I only have two and both have no number now.

Loads of people are suddenly having this issue so it’s something server side

If anyone has found a work around please let me know, so I can fix this issue and potentially help others :)
  6. A Man FromPluto Win User

Can't use new Xbox One for 30 days? Take it back?

I'm now in the same boat, it asked me yesterday to verify my account when I logged into Hotmail/outlook, but the mobile number it had registered was an old one that had been deactivated. I managed to get onto my e-mail account. I then went to account settings
    and found the bit where i could update my mobile number. I changed it to my current number and then they sent me a text with a four digit pin to verify on Hotmail/outlook that this was me. I used the pin and it said it had been verified. then this morning
    when I turned on my xbox one it told me to verify my account with a 8 digit pin that could only be sent to the old number that I had registered which was now disconnected. this is when I found out that I had to wait 30 days! for my new number to be linked
    to the account. I cannot even cancel this process now as it asks for the old mobile number again to have a verification pin sent to it, WTF! MICROSOFT, I hope you are going to give me at least a one month subscription for my loss in playing time and I will
    be missing out on game events for battlefield and destiny.
Thema:

I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

1. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot... - Similar Threads - account microsoft outlook

2. Microsoft/outlook/exbox account has been hijacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft/outlook/exbox account has been hijacked: Hoping someone can help. My son had setup a outlook.com email and ties to a gamertag in Xbox. This was also attached to our MS Family plan. He had just downloaded the NBA24 game. In the middle of...
  3. Need help recovering account photos from expired Microsoft account,outlook account. X-box...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help recovering account photos from expired Microsoft account,outlook account. X-box...: I haven't been signed into my account for years I recently signed in today and it said that I had to sign in by December 2022 or it would close my account. Now what I'm trying to do is find out...
  4. How can i recover my Microsoft account if my outlook email and Xbox were locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover my Microsoft account if my outlook email and Xbox were locked: How can I recover my outlook account and my Xbox account if I have been locked out of both of them for suspicious activity? I summited a form but was denied access because lack of information. I...
  5. Outlook email address not associated with any Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Outlook email address not associated with any Microsoft account.: I created a new outlook email address for a Microsoft account, however later removed it as an alias. I can not add the email back to my Microsoft account as I can not verify the account to be mine...
  6. Microsoft will not let me sign in with my Xbox outlook account or its alt email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft will not let me sign in with my Xbox outlook account or its alt email: I am trying to sign into Microsoft with my Xbox account. It keeps saying to account does not exist when I know it does because I use it on my Xbox. Why can't I sign in? I have tried both emails....
  7. Microsoft outlook account setup wrong message on PS4 when trying play online. How do I fix...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft outlook account setup wrong message on PS4 when trying play online. How do I fix...: I am pmaying on a ps4 but xant play inline as it says my microsoft outlook account is set up wrong f35e1a67-e92c-4f48-8f3a-001dbe680fc7
  8. Live/Outlook account HACKED, recovery email CHANGED, Microsoft Recovery Form USELESS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live/Outlook account HACKED, recovery email CHANGED, Microsoft Recovery Form USELESS: Just got X-Box S two days ago. Trying to login to Live, and it is saying "fix this on the web at account.live.com" Have tried account recovery, many many times... and it is showing my backup...
  9. Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account: Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account? I have added an alias account and made as primary - it only attaches...
  10. Microsoft Store Xbox outlook account billing info wrong can’t fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Xbox outlook account billing info wrong can’t fix: Hi I am not sure how to explain this 1) i live in and my account info says im in canada 2) i have a credit card on file when i check and it says for ‘purchases in canada’ 3) currently im...