I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

Discus and support I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICraig2337 ‍, Feb 2, 2024.

1. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party

:)

ICraig2337 ‍, Feb 2, 2024
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

My headset works on Party Chat on xbox one, but when playing videos and other sounds, I cannot hear any from my headset. What should I do?

What type of headset are you using? Can you hear game audio trough this headset and the issue is only while playing videos? or you hear always only chat?
  3. MeridianWolf Win User

Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?

Not game audio, game chat.

In settings, Xbox has an option to make party chat output go through your headset, headset and TV, or TV.

but that's only for party chat. i've always wondered why xbox can't do the same for in-game chat too?

With in game chat, if your headset is plugged in; game chat automatically goes to the headset, with no option to have it output through TV.

really sucks when you can't wear headsets, you can't play socially outside of parties. (in party chat; i use my headset mic, but have their voice output through my TV. game chat has no option to do this, you must wear your headset to hear teammates)
  4. Haunted Spider Win User

What do you use as a mic in game?

Azrael, the solution you provide is a lackluster solution. I stated the reason why above but so you don't have to go all the way to the top and read it again, I will re explain the issue.

The xbox one does not have the same feature that the xbox 360 has, which is the chat through speaker and headset. So, I have a polk audio Melee headset but it is connected to my xbox one with an Optical audio and a USB cable. this powers the headset and
    gives it audio from the game and chat. The xbox one looks at the optical out as speakers as most will use this port for running a sound system or something along those lines.

Now when you connect the xbox provided headset, it takes the chat from your team mates that used to go through the speakers and runs it through the headset, being the xbox one provided headset. What this means is the headset I am wearing to hear the game,
    the Polk Audio Melee that the xbox one registers as speakers, no longer gets game chat.

If xbox one had the play through speakers and headset option, there would be no issue, but they don't so I can either put the xbox one headset on and not hear the game, or put the one headset around my neck, and let my teammates hear me but me not hear them.

So your solution did not actually work.
  5. REEFIS Win User

Playing game sound with turtle beach x11

I have the audio out on my tv. But was wondering if you could just use the kinect to communicate instead of attaching the other headset. Is it easy to communicate with teammates? Can you hear them in your x11 without it cutting the game audio cutting
    out?
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

le son de la manette xbox [Mod Translation - the sound of the xbox controller]

Hey Darkxeon

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

Could you, please, elaborate a bit more on specifically what audio are you unable to hear when you have your headset connected to your controller? Game audio or Party chat audio?

If this pertains to Party chat audio, then I recommend that you take a look at

this
    article as it covers different troubleshooting techniques for diffrent scenarios reguarding party chat.

Keep in mind that certain headsets, if not equipped with a stereo feature, only support one type of chat, that is usually Party chat.

I hope this is of some use to you.
Thema:

I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

1. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the... - Similar Threads - Chat Headset was

2. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  3. How do i fix my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my headset chat mixer?: It’s greyed out and stuck on the right. I’ve reset my console, updated my console, updated my controller, unplugged and plugged my headset back in but nothing is working, Does anyone know how to...
  4. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  5. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  6. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  7. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  9. headset chat mixer still greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset chat mixer still greyed out?: ive tried every thing in the book to make the mixer turn on ive tried updating my controller with it plugged in, ive tried slowly putting it in and ive also tried to hard reset my xbox yet it...
  10. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...