I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

Discus and support I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a usb 3.0 that holds most of my xbox games and apps, and recently it stopped reading it. I don't know if it's the USB port's fault or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by franklyn joshua, Feb 4, 2024.

1. I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

I have a usb 3.0 that holds most of my xbox games and apps, and recently it stopped reading it. I don't know if it's the USB port's fault or the drive's. the port works if I use a wired controller, but it cant read the USB. I can't tell if it's the usb's fault because you obviously cant read a xbox formatted drive on a PC because of the stupid master boot thing. Or it could just be overheating issues. but I'm pretty sure it isn't because I let the console and USB cool down and still didn't work. I have already power cycled my console, tried all ports, and tried downloading a xbox drive converter, but it was a .rar file and couldn't read it. Can anyone help? I really don't want to reformat it because it'll wipe it clean, so please avoid that option at all costs. If it helps I'm running windows 10 64 bit.

:)

franklyn joshua, Feb 4, 2024
  2. Itilianm0nst0r Win User

Xbox 1 wont detect my Seagate 2tb external hard drive

Make sure that the isb is a 3.0 usb . Otherwise it wont work. Heard restart and the plug in when it iff full booted up. It should ask you to format for use on the xbox
  3. Miku Sakuya Win User

External hard drive xbox one

It has to be a usb 3.0 or else it simply wont work on the xbox one
  4. scot30 Win User

Can't Get External Drive Working

The box and all the documentation say it's a USB 3.0 drive. The option to format does come up occasionally on the Xbox, but when I select that and go through all the prompts it doesn't format it. I don't have any machines with a USB 3.0 port on them other
    than my Xbox, so connecting it to my PC wouldn't tell me if it's USB 3.0 or not. I did read somewhere (after posting my original message) that the cable supplied with the drive is complete crap, and replacing the cable helps a number of issues - so I've ordered
    another cable that has good ratings from Amazon to try. It's supposed to be here on Monday.
  5. User17908742 Win User

Deleted screenshots problem needs to be fixed.

Nevermind, I realized I just needed to get a 3.0 USB stick and format it for NTSC and select it as capture location in storage settings (using the 3.0 usb slot in the left side, the one on the back isn't 3.0 and doesn't work for it).
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

External Storage

The system will format the drive, and it must be formatted in an xbox

The drive must be USB 3.0 and a minimum of 256GB
Thema:

I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

1. I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it. - Similar Threads - usb formatted wont

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  4. Nightmare scenario - accidentally formatted a USB with my Xbox-360 profile and saves

in XBoX Accessibility
    Nightmare scenario - accidentally formatted a USB with my Xbox-360 profile and saves: Hi I had bought a 2nd Xbox-360 which I wanted to use as a backup. I configured a USB on my 1st Xbox, put as much as I could fit on it, put it in the 2nd Xbox, and it couldn't read what was on...
  5. How to format a 2 TB usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to format a 2 TB usb thumb drive?: I have formatted a USB device to NTFS, but when I plug it to the console, it does not allow me to format it so I can store my games on it. Instead, I only see "view content" and to "set as capture...
  6. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  7. My 3.0 2TB USB won't format for games nor apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 3.0 2TB USB won't format for games nor apps: I got a 3.0 USB flashdrive with 1.88TB of space and ive formated it to NTFS. It gives me the option to format the drive for games and apps yet when i format it nothing happens. I dont know what to...
  8. Problem to format an USB device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem to format an USB device: Hi, I try to format a USB device (8 Go). First my PC propose : NFTS ou FAT32 or ex FAT. First question, what is the good one ? I've tried with the 3 possibilities, then connect my USB device...
  9. Can't format USB drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format USB drive: Got a brand new XBOX One S yesterday. Set it up, immediately it updated to the latest software. I am having problems adding a 4TB Seagate USB 3 external drive. First off it had no "format"...
  10. usb stick needs format everytime i reset xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb stick needs format everytime i reset xbox 360: usb stick needs format everytime i reset xbox 360 what should i do ???? 7ffcd964-5b35-47ff-ad9d-019597beca11