I have a second account I didn't know about under my email but with one .(dot) missing, is...

Discus and support I have a second account I didn't know about under my email but with one .(dot) missing, is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So as the title suggests, I recently discovered I had a second gamertag I've been getting marketing emails for for a few years, there's nothing tied to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsRedmark, Nov 11, 2023.

1. ItsRedmark
    ItsRedmark Guest

I have a second account I didn't know about under my email but with one .(dot) missing, is...

So as the title suggests, I recently discovered I had a second gamertag I've been getting marketing emails for for a few years, there's nothing tied to it so I figured it was totally safe to mark it for closure but its under the same email as my primary minus one .(dot) character. This is almost definitely just my anxiety, as I know they're separate accounts, but since they're both tied to my email I can't get it out of my head that it'll accidentally close my primary account too.

Just wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and had no problem so I can clear my head and stop panicking, since there's so much tied to my account that's important to me. Thanks!

:)

ItsRedmark, Nov 11, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

I have a second account I didn't know about under my email but with one .(dot) missing, is it safe to close/without it accidentally closing the account I use under my email?

3. RebeccaForeman2 Win User

I had 2 Microsoft accounts now i can only login to one

it says my account doesn't exist, i know it does because the account is on my computer but i cant do anything with it because it says it doesn't exist. i can also see under my "emails & accounts" both accounts with different emails. the one i can login to doesn't have the same email even as an alias. So needless to say sadly it didn't work. Also thanks for the reply Georges!
  4. IFarrow Win User

Xbox live account for a child?

Thanks for taking the time to reply but this is where the problem lies - As my children are both under 13 they can't get an email address!

This is why I've been going round in circles since Christmas!!! Children under 13 can have access to Microsoft live but only with an email address. However, children under 13 can't get an email address!

I realise that I could easily lie about my children's ages to get them an email account but that misses the point.

If Microsoft accept that children can have access to live why do they need to provide an email address which they are too young to actually have?

Or am I still missing something obvious?
  5. glate7 Win User

Can't sign in

I think when u log on account dot live it ask you to add a phone number or a second email.
  6. glate7 Win User

Can't sign in

I think when u log on account dot live it ask you to add a phone number or a second email.
Thema:

1. I have a second account I didn't know about under my email but with one .(dot) missing, is... - Similar Threads - second account didn't

2. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  3. Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...: Hi, I'm here asking for help, a few months ago I bought an Xbox GamePass using my second Microsoft account to play Minecraft, months later, I finally bought the full Minecraft on my main account,...
  4. Somehow created a second xbox profile for the same microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somehow created a second xbox profile for the same microsoft account: Hey Guys, So i wanted to changed by primary email of my microsoft account, i did that and than i wanted to login into minecraft but instead of beginng logged in i got prompted a new gamer tag...
  5. My account was stolen for the second time and I need help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was stolen for the second time and I need help.: I need help recovering my account. It was just stolen 10 minutes ago and I think it is possible to recover it since it is something recent. fdc9a630-a93d-4cec-b1cf-c86d22184d72
  6. My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...: He can’t access his original account with previous purchases. Everytime he tries to login it take him to the new account. Thank you. 4fcbf8ca-eb9c-4018-a873-d83bac429d41
  7. Ages of Empires 4 crashes 2-3 seconds after launch, on any computer under my xbox account....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ages of Empires 4 crashes 2-3 seconds after launch, on any computer under my xbox account....: If I login with my xbox account on any PC, cant launch Age of empires 4. The problem is somewhere in my account profile for this specific game. I have spoke with Age of Empires support but they...
  8. I need a second appeal request to my wrongful account ban!!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a second appeal request to my wrongful account ban!!!!!!: I need a second appeal please. My account has been wrongfully banned and I need someone to hear me out. My 14 year old little brother was on my account and he decided send a voice message to...
  9. How do I add my account to a second-hand Xbox that has an access key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I add my account to a second-hand Xbox that has an access key?: I just bought a second-hand Xbox One S off of somebody and they have an access key on it (which I don’t know and they won’t reply to me) is there any possible way to gain access to the Xbox so I...
  10. Add a second person to my Game Pass Account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Add a second person to my Game Pass Account: Hello, At 61 years of age, whilst computer literate, i am a dead set "Gammer Dummy". I am in hospital ATM and want to add a young fella I met here to have a separate "profile" so we can challenge...