I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

Discus and support I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Weiner Dog, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Weiner Dog
    Weiner Dog Guest

I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to make it where I do not have to transfer the games?

:)

Weiner Dog, Jun 7, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is there a way that I can make them easily accessible and playable on the go?

It sounds like you're using a regular external hard drive or SSD. Those will not run Series S/X optimized games. You can only store them there. They'd have to be saved on the internal or one of the expansion cards made for the console in order to play them.
  3. TRACEGEE Win User

Halo Infinite Crashing

I tried doing the DNS thing but that didnt work, halo infinite is installed on my internal storage but I do have an expansion drive for other games but it's not seagate. I dont have any beta os installed.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Content transfer question

[quote user="Up Risen 1"]I just recently transferred the content from the hard drive in my original xbox360 console to a larger hard drive which is replacing the original hard drive on the same xbox360 console. Will I need to transfer the usage rights?[/quote]If
    the console does not change, the licenses do not need to be transferred.
    Also it seems like it don't recognize that I have a few games installed from their game disks
    Games installed from DVD are locked to the storage device and console they were
    installed from. They cannot be copied, and the latest transfer software included with the console won't copy them. The only way to copy them is by using the older CD-based transfer software, though as you've discovered they don't work afterward.

DVD-based games need to be reinstalled when changing storage devices.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

installed games on old console, safe to delete? can i just install from disc again on new console?

[quote user="ColdEagle86"]hi dumb question but ive just noticed that after using the hdd transfer kit from MS that i still have some games listed on the console the file sizes look about right for installed to disk. and i think it even says installed xbox
    360 game when you go under storage for each one.

it says underneath that you can not earn achievements / use this etc if i don't own the item. do i need to manually copy these files via usb stick and add them to my new console or can i just whack in the game disk and install them to hdd on the new console
    and everything will be hunky dory?[/quote]Your description sounds like you're confusing installed games and save game files.

The transfer software built into the console will not move games installed from DVD. The old disc-based software will. If you used the console to do the transfer, no installed games should have transferred (6-7GB in size). If you used the disc, then the
    installed games were transferred. Unfortunately. games installed from DVD cannot be Moved between storage devices, let alone consoles. They'll have to be deleted (just the install file, not the saves and profiles).
  6. Quebec Dragon Win User

Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

I bought a Seagate expansion 2tb usb3 drive and I have same issues. It doesn't want to format on the 360. When I format to Fat32 on the PC, it works. When I replug that hard drive on the 360, it shows up in the storage section with the appropriate amount
    of free space. However, if I download or transfer any game to it and try to run it, the game refuses to launch. I do think that the 360 does need to format the hard drive in its own special format, perhaps FATX. However, when you format with that type of Seagate
    drive, it doesn't work.
Thema:

1. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is... - Similar Threads - Seagate storage thing

2. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  3. Seagate Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Not Working: I have a 4TB Seagate WD My Passport 2626 that I use to store my xbox games on. Today I decided to plug it into my computer because I am low on storage. I think I formatted it and now it only says...
  4. With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...: I have an 8TB Western Digital external HD for my Xbox One. You can play games directly from the HD. Yet on the Series X you cannot do this and instead an External HD is only capable of storing...
  5. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  6. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  7. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  8. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  9. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  10. Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card: Let's say I have 30GB left on my Series X internal SSD and need to install a game that takes up 50GB. So I put in a new 1TB Seagate Storage Expansion Card and install the game. Does that expansion...