I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

Discus and support I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions, in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Shotty Doll"] For example, I play games like Gears of War, a game that has EXCESSIVE character cursing, probably the most profane I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shotty Doll, Jan 25, 2014.

  1. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,


    [quote user="Shotty Doll"]

    For example, I play games like Gears of War, a game that has EXCESSIVE character cursing, probably the most profane I have ever heard in a game, ALL players hear the characters screaming profanities and continue to play, and thus, obviously are okay with
    what they hear, but if I use profane words in the game chat of this game and people report me for it I get banned? Explain that, please.

    [/quote]

    Clearly you dont get the point. Games can be rated M and have excessive violence and cursing, Xbox Live however is rated E for everyone. Not everyone wants to hear you cursing them out and giving them a hard time because they are not good at the game. Stop
    acting like a jerk, turn off your mic or play in parties. Sounds like you just have to be a jerk because it gives you satisfaction in life
     
    x24hrs2livex, Jan 25, 2014
    #16
  2. Shotty Doll
    Shotty Doll Guest
    That's very generous, I often think I'm 6. I've been banned for harassment and griefing. First time, yeah, I harassed people. Second time I did not which is why I am here asking what can get you banned for "harassment" and apparently griefing people in game
    is against the rules even though it doesn't state it anywhere. Not one place does it say "if you use your character in game to act like a jerk you can get banned." My reputation is positive, the only negative is "unsporting" and "trash talk," at like 20% but
    my account is about 4 years old and it's from my younger days.
     
    Shotty Doll, Jan 25, 2014
    #17
  3. Harassment is the same as griefing,its very clear in section B of the code of conduct that you will be banned for doing it.
     
    THEOWENKILLER, Jan 25, 2014
    #18
  4. Shotty Doll
    Shotty Doll Guest

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    [quote user="x24hrs2livex"]Clearly you dont get the point. Games can be rated M and have excessive violence and cursing, Xbox Live however is rated E for everyone. Not everyone wants to hear you cursing them out and giving them a hard time because they are
    not good at the game. Stop acting like a jerk, turn off your mic or play in parties. Sounds like you just have to be a jerk because it gives you satisfaction in life[/quote]

    First off, you whining about me being a "jerk" when you don't know me or why exactly I was suspended is laughable... apparently you can unknowingly commit harassment if it can be something so small as excessively melee'ing people... second, No, I don't get
    it. If it's rated E for everyone don't allow games rated M on your console and then fuss about people acting "M" in the game. By cursing I mean just cursing, not CURSING other people out. If you're so thin-skinned perhaps you should consider a PS3.
     
    Shotty Doll, Jan 25, 2014
    #19
  5. Shotty Doll
    Shotty Doll Guest
    I'm not trying to argue with some kid on the forums about how I am a jerk and blah, blah, weeh, weeh, I came for my questions to be answered, and they have been vaguely, so that is all.
     
    Shotty Doll, Jan 25, 2014
    #20
  6. No one is going to answer you to your satisfaction.

    No one on these forums works for microsoft so no one here can unban you.

    -

    Its only a matter of time before a moderator comes in and locks up your threads and tells you to post in the suspension forums.
     
    THEOWENKILLER, Jan 25, 2014
    #21
  7. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    In the meantime, I will say stop spamming the forums with this nonsence. Play by the rules and this won't happen. Do you want people griefing you???? I'm sure plenty of gamers are willing to show you how annoying it can be. GOOD LUCK!!!
     
    BongKaos, Jan 25, 2014
    #22
  8. Shotty Doll
    Shotty Doll Guest

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    I'm not asking for anyone to unban me, I'm asking for my questions to be answered. Bong Kaos? I play a game where the entire community is "griefing," so please stop posting like you're so enlightened, you haven't a clue. Spamming would be what your doing,
    going to each thread of mine and posting irrelevant nonsense trying to troll. Try harder, buddy.
     
    Shotty Doll, Jan 25, 2014
    #23
  9. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    Any questions regarding an account suspension can be directed to the
    XBLPET here
    .

    Or if it is a game specific suspension you need to contact the game's devs.

    Thanks!
     
    bowski477, Oct 31, 2018
    #24
  10. Shotty Doll Win User

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    I'm not asking for anyone to unban me, I'm asking for my questions to be answered. Bong Kaos? I play a game where the entire community is "griefing," so please stop posting like you're so enlightened, you haven't a clue. Spamming would be what your doing,
    going to each thread of mine and posting irrelevant nonsense trying to troll. Try harder, buddy.
  11. BongKaos Win User

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    In the meantime, I will say stop spamming the forums with this nonsence. Play by the rules and this won't happen. Do you want people griefing you???? I'm sure plenty of gamers are willing to show you how annoying it can be. GOOD LUCK!!!
  12. Shotty Doll Win User

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    [quote user="x24hrs2livex"]Clearly you dont get the point. Games can be rated M and have excessive violence and cursing, Xbox Live however is rated E for everyone. Not everyone wants to hear you cursing them out and giving them a hard time because they are
    not good at the game. Stop acting like a jerk, turn off your mic or play in parties. Sounds like you just have to be a jerk because it gives you satisfaction in life[/quote]

    First off, you whining about me being a "jerk" when you don't know me or why exactly I was suspended is laughable... apparently you can unknowingly commit harassment if it can be something so small as excessively melee'ing people... second, No, I don't get
    it. If it's rated E for everyone don't allow games rated M on your console and then fuss about people acting "M" in the game. By cursing I mean just cursing, not CURSING other people out. If you're so thin-skinned perhaps you should consider a PS3.
  13. Shotty Doll Win User

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    & you do have to play like a robot. You can't curse, you can't argue or it can be seen as "harassment," you can't do in-game actions like melee'ing or it's seen as griefing. Sounds like they want you to be a robot to me.
  14. x24hrs2livex Win User

    I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

    Well stop harrassing people. You dont have to play like a robot, but its people like you who make XBL be less enjoyable for the rest of us.
Thema:

I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions,

Loading...
  1. I have a question about "Griefing" suspensions, - Similar Threads - question Griefing suspensions

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....