I have a problem with the disc reader

Discus and support I have a problem with the disc reader in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; on this day in the morning I was playing a game called overwatch and changed the game by removing the disc and placing the FIFA 17, I did not want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nico araya3797, Dec 23, 2017.

1. I have a problem with the disc reader

on this day in the morning I was playing a game called overwatch and changed the game by removing the disc and placing the FIFA 17, I did not want to start and when I return to coconut the overwatch does not start and I can not play games that I have disk

Pls help me

:)

Nico araya3797, Dec 23, 2017
  2. merishaka
    merishaka Guest
    My xbox one won't read discs.

Well...eventually it works after putting the game in and taking it out and putting it in for 10x. There is no reading error, it just says "insert disc" and the disc reader will only sometimes make minor sounds. I tried the hard reset thing and the problem still persists. Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix it? Or do I have no choice but to send it back to MS?

merishaka, Dec 23, 2017
  3. iTellado
    iTellado Guest
    Destiny installation error

Hi, I have a problem with installation of destiny. Xbox doesn't recognize the disc. I try with two differents discs but the same problem. With other games I have no problems. When I put the game the disc reader makes a stranger sounds. I installed the game
    without internet connection, but the problem persists when console is online. Alpha Preview

iTellado, Dec 23, 2017
  4. x Grief Seed Win User

Slim can't read Black Ops 2?

I've had similar problems to this. I tried playing Dead Island when it was brand new on my xbox only to get "Open Disc Tray" message. This meant disc reader is dead. Then my L4D2 disc stopped being read so that means new disc.

-

So either the disc reader is having problems or somethings with the disc. Hope your problem gets resolved soon.
  5. Miss Kleo Win User

Problems with disc reader

Hey oldguynewguy! Since this thread is a few months old now, can I have you create your own thread in this forum detailing your issue? This will allow us to work with you one on one and provide individual troubleshooting steps for your scenario. Thank you
    in advance!
  6. fast4g63 Win User

Do what ThingOnAString said and also clear your cache on all memory devices.
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, is it posssible to try the game in another console, I have had instances myself where apparently perfect discs refuse to play.

Something you could try is deleting the game from the console and see if it plays ok directly from the disc, then install the game again to see if that helps.

How much free space do you have on the console with the game installed?
  8. medium bloke Win User

Disc Reader Problem

Hi, by the looks of it you're going to have to send it back for repairs. If you got it in 2012 from Microsoft officially, then you should still have a warranty on it - so could possibly get it repaired for free.

support.xbox.com/.../repair-process
Thema:

I have a problem with the disc reader

1. I have a problem with the disc reader - Similar Threads - problem disc reader

2. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  3. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  4. Problem on Xbox One, Call of duty Modern warfare II disc

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem on Xbox One, Call of duty Modern warfare II disc: Problem on Xbox One, Call of duty Modern warfare II disc won't reinstall on my Xbox one it starts installing then says installation stopped. I looked at owned games and it seems like the latest...
  5. Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “: It’s not the update or trouble shooting cuz I already did that . It’s been months since I played my disc game cuz everytime I insert it , this message appears . It’s also not letting me install...
  6. Disc game installation problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation problem.: Hello, i tried in my two consoles to install two different games ( in this case , Battlefield V and Rainbow Six Siege ) thanks to my disc. But after the download pass the « ready to start » thing...
  7. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  8. Having some disc problems anyone have some suggestions?

in XboX Insiders
    Having some disc problems anyone have some suggestions?: So ever since the new home menu update I haven’t been able to get my call of duty modern warfare three to work on my series X Xbox any other disk will work in it and I know it’s not a problem with...
  9. Disc reader problem maybe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc reader problem maybe?: Hi I have an Xbox 360 S, it seems to be making a whirring sound when playing a disc. It plays for a while - say 15 minutes then the screen turns to a dark blue or green with thin stripes over...
  10. Disc reader problem - Making noises and not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc reader problem - Making noises and not working: Dear Microsoft, I am extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with the product. I had problems with the console in less than two months, and two different problems. The first problem was this:...