I have a problem with my xbox security thing

Discus and support I have a problem with my xbox security thing in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have sea of thieves and I'm trying to talk to people, I can't and I can't change my security options to hear other people because I don't know... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Desperational, Jan 7, 2024.

1. I have a problem with my xbox security thing

So I have sea of thieves and I'm trying to talk to people, I can't and I can't change my security options to hear other people because I don't know where to do it.

:)

Desperational, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

Based on the description you provided, it appears the system has detected that your account is a child account. A child account can't manage the privacy settings on its own, you need an adult Microsoft account to manage the privacy settings for you.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older.

Note: Make sure that your main account is not yet added to a Microsoft family on account.microsoft.com > Family settings.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your child/main account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer" and your child/main account is the "Family Member" to make this work. The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account in your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your adult account.

According to the official Xbox website, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize. here's how to do it:

"Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child/main account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved."

Then check if you will be able to hear your friends on your game Sea of Thieves online.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. PreciseMeteor50 Win User

I have to test every time?

My internet connection is fully on every time, my network is wireless and it's secured, and I only have 2 things on it: my laptop and the Xbox. I just tried it without my laptop on and I still had the problem.
  4. KristenLynBlue Win User

message wont send

im having the same problem as well I went through and my record is clean did the security thing nothing :/
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Microsoft Crap Service

I use IE & have never had a security problem as i'm careful with my details.Don't get any spam phone calls either & lots of companies have my phone number as part of thier security procedures & if microsoft want to do the same to make things a little more
    secure then i'm all for it.
  6. JUICE 5150 Win User

How do I stop security checks every single time I sign in?

I have two setups and two Live accounts. I have the same problem with one of them. Every time I turn on the Xbox it prompts me to do the security thing. Weird
Thema:

1. I have a problem with my xbox security thing - Similar Threads - problem security thing

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  4. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  5. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems: Out of all my friends, I have one friend that I do not get notifications that they are online, cannot join their games and this is the same for all of his friends. Even with them on his friends...
  10. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...