I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.

Discus and support I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently i was able to get a hold of a xbox series x and i have a 5.1 Jbl soundbar. I have the xbox plugged into m LG C8 and the tv into the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EdgarMontoya2, Feb 14, 2021.

1. I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.

So recently i was able to get a hold of a xbox series x and i have a 5.1 Jbl soundbar. I have the xbox plugged into m LG C8 and the tv into the soundbar through ARc hdmi. I noticed that if i plugged in my headphones the speaker settings gray out unless i switch the headphones to stereo uncompressed. The options im able to click are stereo uncompressed bit out and set it at dolby digital.

Should i just leave the setting at stero uncompressed or bit out? Also im not sure why it gets grayed out when headset is plug in. Thanks in advance

:)

EdgarMontoya2, Feb 14, 2021
  2. EhsaanShaikh Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Yes i know it doesn’t support dolby atmos but it supports dolby digital which xbox series x does and i connect xbox to hdmi into soundbar it does give me option for 5.1 but resolution drops to 1080p
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox to Soundbar on monitor

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Gabito787elmax, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Iportante Note: The Xbox Series X|S console does not have an HDMI in port. You won’t be able to connect your cable or satellite receiver to the console. Instead, connect your cable or satellite directly to your TV.

Because the Series X removed the optical output that previous Xbox models had.

If you have an HDMI ARC-enabled soundbar and TV:

1. Connect your console to the soundbar using the console’s HDMI output and one of the soundbar’s HDMI inputs.

2. With a second HDMI cable, connect the soundbar to the TV using ARC-enabled ports on both.

If you don't have ARC-enabled soundbar, but do have optical ports on your soundbar and TV:

1. Connect the Series X directly to your TV’s HDMI input.

2. Connect the TV to the soundbar using an optical cable.

Setting up surround sound will vary depending on your connection method and whether you’re using a soundbar system that's compatible with Dolby Atmos, 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Keep in mind that Atmos won’t work over optical connections, so you’ll need ARC or eARC for it.

If you don’t have an Atmos-ready soundbar, start by opening the console’s system settings. Open General, then Volume & audio output. You’ll have a few different options to choose:

If you’re using a soundbar with no digital surround sound functionality, choose Stereo Uncompressed.

If you can use surround sound and are using an HDMI ARC or eARC connection, select either 5.1 Uncompressed or 7.1 Uncompressed.

If you can use surround sound and are using an optical connection, choose Bitstream Out. Then, select either DTS Digital Surround or Dolby Digital as the bitstream format.

Enabling Dolby Atmos will first require you to download the Dolby Access app from the Microsoft Store. Ignore any offers to buy a license once you open it, as this is only necessary for certain Atmos-enabled headphones, rather than sound systems.

Once the app is installed, head to that Volume & audio output menu. Under Speaker audio, select Bitstream out, then choose Dolby Atmos for Home Theater as the bitstream format. Dolby Atmos will now be usable with movies and games.
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Hi Ehsaan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. I have done some research on the soundbar in question LG SL6Y: 3.1 Channel Sound Bar w/DTS Virtual X & High Resolution Audio | LG USA and it appears that the soundbar does not support DTS:X or Dolby Atmos due to it not supporting 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound but is does support DTS: Virtual:X which the Series X does not.

With this particular soundbar your only audio option will be stereo uncompressed. I am linking the Xbox Support page concerning console audio settings so that you may see what your audio options are for your Series X console. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support
  5. SandM1tch Win User

Connection Sound Bar Using HDMI

For reference, HDMI ARC is meant for a TV to send the sound it receives from something like its digital TV tuner "upstream" to your soundbar.

The way you have it set up physically is correct, just that its not depending on ARC (Xbox One audio gets stripped from the HDMI cable by your soundbar and sends the video onto your TV).

Try changing the audio setting on the Xbox One to Stereo Uncompressed, make sure the soundbar isn't muted, etc. Maybe your Soundbar doesn't support 5.1 uncompressed, but 5.1 compressed Dolby Digital or DTS.
  6. BrianOh_79 Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

I'm using XSX & Jbl Bar 9.1.

Dolby Atmos gaming have Lag definitely compare with DTS, Lpcm 5.1&7.1.

So I don't use Dolby Atmos with XSX despite of my SYSTEM.
Thema:

I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.

1. I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x. - Similar Threads - JBL soundbar system

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar: Howdy Got my young fella a used Samsung HW-MS750 5.1 soundbar for his birthday to hook up to his Xbox One S so he can get a bit more sound when playing his games My main questions are, as i have...
  4. Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off: I have a jbl usb head set and when i put the usb in all my sound shuts down everything goes including the laptop speakers and says that no audio drivers are installed. i thought it might be the...
  5. My JBL Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    My JBL Headphones: Hi, I recently bought some JBL headphone with no audio jack by mistake thinking it was the correct version. For my birthday I was given a Xbox series X controller and receiver, however I do not...
  6. JBL Quantum 600 jack loose in controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    JBL Quantum 600 jack loose in controller.: Hi all. I purchased a JBL Quantum 600 headset a few months back that works perfectly with my PS5. I purchased a Series X yesterday but when I put the jack into the controller, it just wiggled...
  7. Does Xbox one Dolby atmos support JBL 9.1 soundbar?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox one Dolby atmos support JBL 9.1 soundbar?: Does Xbox one Dolby atmos support JBL 9.1 soundbar? Getting error message as "Your receiver doesn't support Dolby Atmos for home theatre. Error code 0x80bd0038 52bf9656-4170-4f50-a7ed-e86a452b98a8
  8. JBL Sound Bar and Xbox Audio Delay

in XBoX Accessibility
    JBL Sound Bar and Xbox Audio Delay: Hey guys So i have a Hisense smart tv with ARC capability, and recently bought a JBL 3.1 soundbar system with sub. i have the HDMI ARC running from sound bar to tv and xbox plugged in normally,...
  9. Headset JBL E45BT XOne

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset JBL E45BT XOne: Gostaria de saber se o JBL E45BT funciona perfeitamente no XOne, utilizando o adaptador para P2?. Se tem alguém utilzando algum com fone BT da JBL com com uma boa experiência. (Mod Translation)...
  10. Xbox One - JBL SB400 Soundbar Dialog Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - JBL SB400 Soundbar Dialog Issues: seems like there are lots of audio issues with Xbox One, but thought I'd add to the list. I have the JBL SB400. My Xbox, Cable box, Chromecast all connect to it via HDMI. The sound bar then...