I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds

Discus and support I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox is consistently testing my wired google fiber connection between 500-600mbps download speeds. However when I try to download or update a game I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dbjoe3, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Dbjoe3
    Dbjoe3 Guest

My Xbox is consistently testing my wired google fiber connection between 500-600mbps download speeds. However when I try to download or update a game I am getting less than 10mbps. I tried all the basic fixes (I.e. closing all apps, disconnecting other devices, restarting, etc.)

I used to have a small work around where if I paused the download and restarted it I’d get a brief 1-2 seconds of full download speed before it drops to 10mbps. However this stopped working.

I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds [​IMG]

I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds [​IMG]

:)

Dbjoe3, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dbjoe3,I don't know what transfer rate you get when you download a game or play a game online, but it will vary because it will download and connect to the server of the developer of the game you are playing.

Your console is connected by network cable, could you say what category of cables?

Network cables have different categories, 5, 5e, 6, 7, 8 etc the cable type can influence your connection type.

Another thing that can influence is your DNS for name resolution, do you use a public DNS or your ISP's DNS(Google)?
  3. NjyhaloPavati Win User

Download speed slow XB1

I am using a wired connection and when I did the speed tests, my download speed went up 50 Mbs but when I looked at the speed the game was actually downloading at, it was still mindbogglingly slow.
  4. CashMee0utside Win User

Xbox one download speed is super slow!

As mentioned above, Try a wired connection to help with the download speeds, If that does not help and you are still experiencing slow download speeds your Internet Service Provider could be throttling your speeds for high bandwidth downloads
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?

This support page Explains slow game or app downloads.

Is it at all possible for you to go to a friends place or somewhere you can connect console (wired) to a network with fast speed and do your downloads?
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Download Speed increase

Hi, there are many factors that contribute to slow download speeds, 24Mb/s is reasonable but of course if you have a faster connection speed provided by your ISP you want it to be a fast as possible.

If you're using a wireless connection then switching to a wired connection will often improve speeds by a large amount. If you have lots of devices connected to the network that can slow things down to. Other than that there's not a lot you can do with a
    wireless connection if that's what you're using. If you believe it's an issue with your connection itself it never hurts to contact your provider and ask them to check things are working as they should.
Thema:

1. I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds - Similar Threads - fast wired connection

2. Internet is fast but download is too slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet is fast but download is too slow: I have a series s . My download speed my isp shows is 400 mbps but while i dowload games in my xbox device it download games below 100 mbps sometimes its stuck in installing and nothing happens...
  3. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  4. I can get my controller off of fast scroll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can get my controller off of fast scroll.: I can get my controller off of fast scroll. 763744de-ab88-4474-b311-8b17845f245d
  5. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?: Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing works. I don't have an ease of access option on...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  8. So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...: I purchased this from Walmart in ta not like the normal. 25 character gift card. I already had to go back to the store to get a reprint of my receipt which they instructed me would have the...
  9. Xbox X freezing for 1-2 seconds while gaming online with fast internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X freezing for 1-2 seconds while gaming online with fast internet: I have a download speed of 230.33Mbps, upload speed of 48Mbps, 0% packet loss, 35ms latency. 100% wireless strength. And yet when attempting to play online games such as call of duty, the...
  10. Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online: For about a month now my internet on my xbox is very slow ! 40mbps at maximum speed with a latency of 100ms when checked with the speedtest in the network settings… When I open internet explorer...