I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

Discus and support I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jack Robinson2, Jan 13, 2024.

1. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

I want to know if I can fix this

:)

Jack Robinson2, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change my account to an adult one to do that

Hi Jack, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

We can't do that on a child account.

You can try doing the birthdate change, I thought this was not allowed but there is a support page saying otherwise.

"Note: You won’t be able to change Microsoft account info for a child account if you didn’t provide consent when their account was created.

Sign in to your account.

Sign in

Select Manage my child's profile info.

Select Edit this child's personal info.

Update the birthdate and select Save."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/request-update-account-information

I hope this helps.
  3. Sojutsu Win User

Custom profile picture

Dude I’m having the same problem. My brother can change his custom profile picture with no problem and all my alt accounts can chqnge their profile picture, but I can’t. I’ve waited around three days and it still won’t upload the profile picture I want - and now I’m stuck with some generic Xbox one that I selected.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Uploading A custom Profile Photo

Changing the birthdate under your profile doesn't changes your child account to adult.

Only the parental account can upgrade a child account when the service registers that the account has reached 18+

Unluckily only adult accounts can post custom profile pictures for obvious reasons
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

Even when I’ve restarted my xbox and have signed out of my account i still cant seem to change my profile picture after switching the account to an adult. Does anyone know a solution?

Hey there Jacob!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

I just want to clarify, are you trying to change your profile picture to a custom profile picture?

If you are trying to change your child account to an adult account, it will not be possible because even if you change your account's birthdate, the system will still detect that your account is a child account based on your account's birthdate upon creation.

The only way for a child account to graduate to an adult account is to wait until your original birthdate turns to 21 years old.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

My account thinks im a child

Hi

I literally just want to [...]change my profile picture to a custom one but [...] it says that i need to be older to do this. [...]My account is clearly over 18, I have changed all settings to where i shouldnt be affected by this
    The "adultness" of an account isn't determined by the settings you change.

During the creation of your account you are asked to provide a birthdate. That birthdate determines the age of the account, and only if according to that birthdate your account turns 18 (or 20 in Japan), your account truly is an adult account.

Until then your account is a limited Child account, even though your parents might set your account to allow certain "adult" features like talking to strangers or buying stuff.

Changing your Profile picture is unfortunately a thing, only "real" adult accounts can do, and there is no setting to circumvent that.
Thema:

I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

1. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change... - Similar Threads - child account change

2. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  3. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  4. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  5. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  6. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  7. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  8. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  9. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...
  10. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...