I have a charge pending on my account I did not authorize

Discus and support I have a charge pending on my account I did not authorize in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was notified from my bank of almost a $12 Microsoft charge and don't know why 38eba998-5df4-415f-9d38-68a3fbf83245 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mariah Hansen, Feb 8, 2024.

1. I have a charge pending on my account I did not authorize

I was notified from my bank of almost a $12 Microsoft charge and don't know why

:)

Mariah Hansen, Feb 8, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mariah, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please enter this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

Then, follow these steps:

Type in your query: "Unauthorized charges"

Click on Get Help.

Scroll down the page and click on Contact Support.

Select your product and category > Confirm.

Select Chat with support agent > Confirm > Start Chat.

I hope this helps.
  3. Fuad Laguda Win User

I have a charge that I did not authorize.

Hello,

Thank you for coming to the forum. My name is Fuad, and I'm happy to help you in the best way I can.

Note, I am a user like you, this is a user forum and not Microsoft directly.

I am sorry about this, you will need to contact Microsoft Billing support, for help, and also I will ask you to consider securing your account.

Please follow these steps exactly as written to speak with chat support

Sign in to your Microsoft account on your browser and click the link below for support
    https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

> Click Microsoft 365
    > Click on Get Home Support
    > In the box shown type "Billing" and choose any of the options shown to you
    > Now scroll down and click Contact Support (near the bottom a little to the left of the center)
    > In the next screen it will ask for more details (fill in as appropriate)
    > In products and services: select Microsoft 365 and office
    > In category select: Billing and payment updates or Cancel Subscription
    > Click confirm
    > Click Chat with a support agent in your browser

To secure your account:

I strongly advise you consider changing your password to a complex alphanumeric one.

To change password, go to account.microsoft.com > Click on Security > Change Password
    Follow the steps in this link, for more clarity: https://support.microsoft.com/help/fdde885b-86da-2965-69fd-4871309ef1f1

Then you can go one step further to sign out all signed-in sessions so that anywhere you are signed in it will now ask for a password:
    Go to account.microsoft.com > Click on Security > Advanced Security Options
    Scroll down to Sign Me Out > Click on Sign me out

You will need to sign in again on all your devices.

Then this is very important to do, enable two-factory authentication, if it is already enabled, then confirm the details there are current and up-to-date:

To enable it/confirm, just follow this link: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=529561. And if you want some step-by-step guidance, use this guide here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/33452159-6af9-438f-8f82-63ce94cf3d29

If there is anything else on this subject you have a question on, do let me know.

Best Regards
    Fuad
  4. CMUchippewa Win User

Xbox one day one returned and charged for replacement

Are you sure it's an actual charge and not an authorization? An authorization looks like a pending charge but it's just holding the funds aside. If you have a debit card, it will be a charge but it will be reversed after the authorization has been dropped.
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

Pre Authorization Not Refunded

If you have both the posted transaction and the pending authorization you would be better off contacting the bank or issuing creditor first. Microsoft will likely not refund the charge because it would remove both charges from your account.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Need to cancel subscription

There is a charge on my credit card that is a Microsoft subscription that I did not authorize, and is not associated with my Microsoft account. I need to cancel that, and I haven’t found anyone to speak to about that.
    If the charge isnt appearing on your own Microsoft account then the only option would be to have your bank block the charges because cancelling/refunding the charges from the Microsoft end would require having access to the account that the charges are originating from.
Thema:

1. I have a charge pending on my account I did not authorize - Similar Threads - charge pending account

2. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Xbox charging dock (component pack)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox charging dock (component pack): I got my xbox elite series 2 controller a while ago and wonder if the charging dock in the component pack is some sort of additional battery ? or just a useless dock since the controller can stand...
  5. I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...: I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been on my xbox in months. What do I do to get this money back. c652a905-c898-4c71-aba3-d24809f4de0c
  6. xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge: I made an order of xbox design lab product this morning. When I placed the payment, I receive the credit card charged information, but I didn't receive the e-mail of the confirmation of my...
  7. V-Bucks Charged Twice

in XBoX on Windows
    V-Bucks Charged Twice: We've purchased a few V-bucks for my son from retail stores and he also has received a few from friends as a gift but when we try to redeem them and purchase an item by using the V-bucks in...
  8. Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used: Getting charged 12.99 a month for something I've never used 34e39b1d-8bfd-462e-aa83-18c9c3e7b069
  9. I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody: For the last 3 days i have had -$210 in one of my checking accounts because microsoft charged me 14 times the $15 dollar game pass ultimate fee all on the same day at the same time. I have tried...
  10. Unknown charged in my bank account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charged in my bank account.: Hello upon checking my bank account I was charged $1 dollar multiple times. I Dont purchased anything. 2a9a3f07-33bd-40f2-adfd-1218c0fdca29