I have 2 usernames

Discus and support I have 2 usernames in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HEY! So about 8 days ago i changed my xbox user name. But it still has my old user right below it and it wont update my name for any games i play.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hayden Cole1, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Hayden Cole1
    Hayden Cole1 Guest

I have 2 usernames

HEY! So about 8 days ago i changed my xbox user name. But it still has my old user right below it and it wont update my name for any games i play. Which i wanted to happen so i payed the $10 fee. So if o csn get help that would be great.

:)

Hayden Cole1, Jun 9, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

I have 2 usernames

Hi there Hayden C.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with your Xbox username.

Account Synchronization Delay
    Sometimes, it can take a bit of time for your new Xbox username to sync across all services, including games and apps. Although it's been 8 days, synchronization issues might still be the cause. Here are some steps to check:

Log out of your Xbox account and then log back in. This can trigger a sync with Microsoft's servers and update your username.
    Restart Your Console: Power cycling your Xbox can help in resolving minor sync issues. Turn off the console completely, unplug it for a few minutes, and then restart it.

Clear Cache

Clearing the cache on your Xbox can help to force a refresh of stored data and might resolve display issues with your username:

Hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn off the console, unplug it from the power source, wait for a minute, and then plug it back in and turn it on.

Update Games and Apps
    Some games and apps might not update your username until they are restarted or updated. Make sure all your games and apps are up to date:

Go to My games & apps on your Xbox.
    Check for updates and install any available updates.

Check User Profile Settings
    Ensure your new username is correctly displayed on your profile:

Go to Settings on your Xbox.
    Navigate to Account > Sign-in, security & passkey.
    Make sure your new username is displayed correctly.

Verify In-Game Account Settings
    Some games might require you to change your username within their specific settings or profiles. Check the settings within each game to ensure your username is updated.

Possible System Update
    Occasionally, system updates may need to be applied for all changes to take effect. Check if there are any pending updates for your console:

Go to Settings > System > Updates.

Cross-Platform Issues
    If you're playing games that support cross-platform play, make sure your username is updated on all platforms. Sometimes, your display name might not update across platforms immediately.

Username Display Settings
    Some settings within Xbox Live allow you to display different usernames for privacy or compatibility reasons. Ensure there are no settings overriding your new username:

Go to Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety.
    Check any settings that might affect your display name.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. Sam24313 Win User

I can't change back to my previous Microsoft Account name on Minecraft

Well not yet, I have 2-3 days left and I was hoping to fix this problem so I don't lose my username.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Why do I have two usernames?

Thanks for your patience and time here in our community mate. I appreciate.

Take care!
  5. Rostom L Win User

To do that, I am afraid you would need to have a paid gamertag change on https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag and change your gamertag which will require you to enter only 12 characters. After you have selected an available gamertag, on the next step, there's an option to customize your gamertag from the old system. You can change it from there or just leave it as is to match with your main gamertag.

By the way, you can learn more about Gamertag FAQ here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  6. NureoT2 Win User

Is there any way to make it only show the new one?
Thema:

I have 2 usernames

1. I have 2 usernames - Similar Threads - usernames

2. How do I get around the admin username and password?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get around the admin username and password?: I'm uploading a game on my Xbox, and every time Visual Studio prompts for an administrator username/password. Every time I enter a username/password it denies. I'm using Visual Studio community...
  3. How do I get around the admin username and password?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get around the admin username and password?: I'm uploading a game on my Xbox, and every time Visual Studio prompts for an administrator username/password. Every time I enter a username/password it denies. I'm using Visual Studio community...
  4. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  5. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  6. Does your epic game account username and xbox username have to match

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does your epic game account username and xbox username have to match: Does my epic game account have to match my xbox username? Trying to upload vbucks and each voucher hasn't gone on yet says its already been redeemed 99f44d60-ebf5-4b0b-ba31-7bf18fc76b5b
  7. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  8. "User name" and "Username" are the same?

in XBoX on Windows
    "User name" and "Username" are the same?: I want to change my Xbox username now that I see that the specific username I want doesn't seem to be used. Xbox says it's taken, but the closest I can find to it is that username with a space in...
  9. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  10. Needing a new username for Minecraft Java, yet I already have one on my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Needing a new username for Minecraft Java, yet I already have one on my account: Hello! I'm on Linux, after switching from Windows, wanted to try something new, just recently reinstalled the Minecraft Launcher, and whenever I try to play Minecraft, it asks for a new username....