I have 2 gamertags on my microsoft account. How do I switch

Discus and support I have 2 gamertags on my microsoft account. How do I switch in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have 2 gamertags help, how can I switch?? [img] 4bbd8758-f5da-4061-9ed6-b7a8ba804ef1 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by VanE29, Dec 29, 2023.

1. VanE29
    VanE29 Guest

I have 2 gamertags help, how can I switch??
    I have 2 gamertags on my microsoft account. How do I switch [​IMG]

:)

VanE29, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi VanE29, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry that you have this problem. I looked at the image and this situation is a little strange. According to information found here in the Microsoft forum, the Xbox ambassador steeledwand7664 mentions that you cannot have 2 gamertags in the same email/MS account.

The best thing you can do is contact Xbox support by going to https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/ and give them the gamertags and if they can verify ownership of the accounts they can tell you what the email associated with is. the gamertag.

I hope you understand, I wish you good luck and a Merry Christmas.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. HellfireXD Win User

Migrating XBox Live gamer account to a new email

4. DemurerDuke52 Win User

How long does swapping Gamertags around take?

On this article

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

I am at stage 3 lower down the page. However instead of

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 3.

I have

Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 3.

I am waiting for microsoft to dissociate Gamertag A from Account 1. I have waited over 24hrs as support told me it would take and I'm wondering how long people know it would take?

Thanks in advance.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

changing email address for xbox live account

support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

-

Why do I get a “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account” error message?

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1.Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.

3.Now switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

4.To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 3 is now free and no longer needed.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Can I change the e-mail account I associate with my Gamertag?

Thema:

1. I have 2 gamertags on my microsoft account. How do I switch - Similar Threads - gamertags microsoft account

2. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  3. Need help finding my microsoft account connected to the gamertag Nutellalla

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help finding my microsoft account connected to the gamertag Nutellalla: Hi I need help accessing my games associated with the gamer tag Nutellalla. I have migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, but can't seem to login. I can play on my old laptop but not...
  4. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  5. (READ FOR MORE DETAILS) Extremely tied up Xbox Gamertags and Microsoft Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    (READ FOR MORE DETAILS) Extremely tied up Xbox Gamertags and Microsoft Accounts: Account A is linked to Gamertag 1 Account B is linked to Gamertag 2 Account C has no gamertag, but I want to move Gamertag 2 to this one I want to link Gamertag 1 with Account B, and Gamertag 2...
  6. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  7. Gamertag and Microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag and Microsoft account issue: I haven't played Xbox for some years but want to get back to playing it again. I have logged into Xbox with my Microsoft account but somehow my Microsoft account is associated with my sons...
  8. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  9. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  10. I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?: So I linked my old Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft/Xbox about a year ago which uses my username that I have used for years. My old Minecraft account is no longer accessible due to linking...