I granted my child permissions to play multi-player minecraft and it continues to say he...

Discus and support I granted my child permissions to play multi-player minecraft and it continues to say he... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son and I were gonna play minecraft together. I bought minecraft on Xbox (giving another $20) and when it loaded, it said he couldn't play... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mithe04, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Mithe04
    Mithe04 Guest

I granted my child permissions to play multi-player minecraft and it continues to say he...

My son and I were gonna play minecraft together. I bought minecraft on Xbox (giving another $20) and when it loaded, it said he couldn't play multi-player because of the family permissions. Which is crazy because he already has permissions to play using the exact same Microsoft account on Nintendo. But anyway, I grant him permissions on Xbox to play multi-player and it still doesn't allow him. How long do we have to wait for the permissions to load??

:)

Mithe04, Apr 6, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I granted my child permissions to play multi-player minecraft and it continues to say he cannot play. How long does it take for new permissions to load in??

I would like to clarify, is there someone in your household that has an active Xbox Live Gold subscription? If yes, you can share it on the Xbox that your son is using so he can play the game.
  3. Mithe04 Win User

I granted my child permissions to play multi-player minecraft and it continues to say he cannot play. How long does it take for new permissions to load in??

If that's the case, that's ridiculous. I want to play minecraft multi-player on xbl, which I paid for both xbl and minecraft on my Xbox. But I can't play with my Playstation in the other room because they both are on my microsoft email. So I gotta put my son's microsoft email on the PS5 minecraft login and mine on the Xbox since xbl is exclusive to login email.... so lame.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If the account and privacy settings are setup correctly it may mean that your son does not have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription which is required to play a paid online multiplayer game.

To check, please ask him to follow the steps below:

"Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions."
  5. August Ethel Win User

Cannot play minecraft on multiplayer setting.

I got my Son an Xbox and Minecraft for Christmas but we do not have a HD TV does this mean he cannot play multi player at all??
  6. Devlycta Win User

can't splitscreen

Guest accounts aren't granted the same permissions as a full Xbox Live account. As far as your issue with being able to play split screen. I have experienced this first hand on many games. They will let the standard user play as normal, but the guest account
    cannot connect. This could be due to you are trying to play an online multi player session but the permissions for a guest account are not there. You will have to play local in order for a guest account to play usually.
Thema:

1. I granted my child permissions to play multi-player minecraft and it continues to say he... - Similar Threads - granted child permissions

2. Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?: It’s been nearly a month since I was granted a refund and I am owed just over £60. I have asked these types of questions before, but no one has helped. I need a one on one conversation on how I...
  3. Refund granted but never credited back to card.

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund granted but never credited back to card.: Hi there, My son bought an add-on for a game he then discovered he couldn't play on his XBox. We requested a refund, which we were granted according to our account (and we've verified since the...
  4. Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...: Important Details: Device: Xbox One S. Mobile Device: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max. Child's account was over 2 years old with Parental Consent. Child's account is for a child under 13. Parent is...
  5. Can you grant a sixth game share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you grant a sixth game share?: My friend and I have been game sharing for two years and he accidentally used his last game share for our other friend not realizing it would get rid of his games for me. Is there a way you guys...
  6. Permissions granted but still no account linking?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Permissions granted but still no account linking?: Hey Folks, I'm truly stumped - I'm trying to link Bethesda to Xbox and getting the 'Link Failed' message. But I can see on my Microsoft account that permissions have been granted to Beth Net. So...
  7. Problems with granting time via the Family Safety App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problems with granting time via the Family Safety App: Hi, I have a problem with granting more screen time for my son. Till thursday there was no problem, then I changed some things (it was a bit chaotic to be honest) in order for him to be able to...
  8. cant grant access to a child to play a game purchased by Adult/Organizer

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant grant access to a child to play a game purchased by Adult/Organizer: How can i allow a child to play a game, that I purchased for the child/children. It wont allow access, so they have to play in my (organzier account) which is not ideal??...
  9. Unable to grant child permission to play game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to grant child permission to play game: When my child tries to play a game, the permission box comes up saying I need to grant them permission in order to play the game. I select my gamertag, and press "A" and my Xbox immediately pops...
  10. Forced to grant my child permission EVERY time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced to grant my child permission EVERY time: I have a 4 year old who I've enabled privacy settings for. I try to start Lego Hobbit for him, and I'm asked to grant him permissions. I enter my Live ID password. When prompted, I tell it to...