I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.

Discus and support I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I’m in a party with it I can’t hear people talk to me and I can’t speak to them. I can hear game and menu sounds. It shows me in party overlay so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshuaLevi, Jun 11, 2023.

1. JoshuaLevi
    JoshuaLevi Guest

When I’m in a party with it I can’t hear people talk to me and I can’t speak to them. I can hear game and menu sounds. It shows me in party overlay so I don’t think the mic is broken. It says “Trouble hearing party or game chat? Try adjusting your audio”. When I go to the audio & music settings it the color on the bars are gray like when you have no mic plugged in.

:)

JoshuaLevi, Jun 11, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.

Unmute or unblock the person you’re trying to chat with. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.

Check the party chat volume for each person in your party. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to check, and then verify that their volume slider is at a level that you can hear. To change the volume level, move left or right using the D-pad or the left stick to adjust the volume slider.

Check that you have joined party chat from within the party window.

Check to make sure you’re not in a Discord voice channel. If you are, it’ll say “Discord” and the name of the channel. If you’re in a Discord voice channel, go to the following page for troubleshooting suggestions:

How to use Discord with Xbox

Check to see if the party member who is unable to be heard has Noise Suppression enabled on their settings. To toggle this on and off:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Parties & chats.

Highlight the party listed and then press the A button  > Options.

Turn Noise Suppression on and off.

Things to keep in mind

This feature is on in all parties by default to help remove unwanted background noise from the party audio like music, nearby fans, traffic, etc. If your intent is to share these other sounds with the party, then you would want to disable Noise Suppression to unblock any external sounds.

Noise suppression is enabled only on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Reaper Wolfe Win User

Okay, so if you haven't figured it out yet, there's two buttons that don't look like buttons on the top and bottom of the Volume Wheel. The top one filters to Chat, the bottom one filters to Game sound. Try tapping the Chat button a few times until your friends come in Over the Game music.
  4. BeastlyHotShot Win User

Having issues with Astro A40 TR (cant talk)

Same with me but i have a ASTRO A20 i just unplug leave it a while then if it still doesnt work all i can suggest is get a new headset
  5. IRL R3AP3R Win User

Headset

I use astro a20 they are a brillant headset but they are expensive but i feel there worth it. I can hear better and its helping my game out
  6. Zordic Win User

Xbox one X mic Icon still on mute

I am buying the Xbox mic tonight and hope that this works but, in this solution you gave me is to buy an adapter makes the wireless wired or in other words return the astros A20 and buy a headset that has a controller adapter to connect to the headset..
    How can I use a wireless headset? I will find out tonight if this works with the original headset mic for Xbox.
Thema:

1. I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox. - Similar Threads - got Astro A20

2. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  3. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  4. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  5. I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...: As the title says I tried to redeem my Microsoft rewards in exchange for Minecoins, but the Minecoins haven't appeared in the marketplace, nor have they appeared in my order history....
  6. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  7. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  8. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  9. How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards: I got a Roblox gift card from my microsoft rewards points on Xbox, however, i cant seem to find out how to access it. 7d0d4407-ac76-4f78-8b06-791e8f9304f7
  10. Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...: What can be done about banned consoles? Nothing on why it was banned makes sense. The first 3 reports said it wasn't banned but the 4th said it was banned so what did they mess up with on their...