I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund

Discus and support I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a friend Red Dead Online but they can’t redeem it because they are In Usa and im in Canada fadcb11d-9041-4930-bc08-78b827e00fbb Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JaredWilson7, Dec 29, 2020.

1. JaredWilson7
    JaredWilson7 Guest

I bought a friend Red Dead Online but they can’t redeem it because they are In Usa and im in Canada

:)

JaredWilson7, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Rapid1115 Win User

Gifted 2 games and want a refund

the funny thing is, i gifted him a game a while ago, he redeemed it, played it for like 3 days, then deleted it and i was able to refund it. so it makes no sense that i was able to refund a gifted game back then but can’t do it now.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I gifted my friend a game, code says it was redeemed, but he doesn’t have it.

Edited to update: He found it in his emails, but can’t download it because it’s for console, not PC. (He doesn’t have an xbox). I was not aware that this would be an issue, as there was no prompt when gifting the game as to whether it was for PC/console, or if the game could only be played on console exclusively.

Is it possible to refund this, or replace it with credit instead?
    If the code had already been redeemed by your friend then no, unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get a refund.

Only gifted codes that havent already been redeemed are eligible for a refund.

As far as i am aware all games gifted using the xbox itself are going to be xbox games.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I would like to refund a game i gifted

Hi Oliver! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your purchased game as a gift.

According to Xbox Ambassador | Volunteer Moderator, dempup: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...i-gifted/2a6ff574-0061-416e-8af2-df201dc3c100

"Request for gifted items are only available within 14 days from purchase and only the account gifting the item can request a refund. See this guide for refunds:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Make sure to log in at the support page with the account that has made the purchase, to see your purchases possible for refunds.

If that is not the case, I would recommend reaching out to support.xbox.com to get the purchase refunded.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us "

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Sodangidni Win User

I would like a refund on gift code

Hello, Stanaslav. I’m Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

IMPORTANT: Don't share personal information, including email addresses, gamertags, phone numbers, etc.

As community users like you, we are not able to enter or check information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet. Doing so may expose your data.

That being said, based on the information you provided, I can suggest you to try asking for a refund by filling out the refund form below:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

You can obtain the order number for the purchase here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Additionally, I take this opportunity to let you know that “you must request a refund for an unredeemed code within 14 days of making the purchase. If the code has been redeemed, Microsoft is unable to process a refund, even if it’s within 14 days of purchase.”

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/gifting-digital-xbox-game-help > The recipient already has the item or doesn't want it.

For more info, visit:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/b/giftterms?rtc=1

Furthermore, please note that submitting a refund request doesn't guarantee one, but I hope you can get a favorable resolution as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arturo.
  6. Richard Callan Win User

I messed up

It was within 10 minutes of my request. But I bought it as a gift also and it seems they have this policy.

Returns and Refunds. Gifts may be canceled and refunded to the Gift purchaser up to 14 days after the purchase or until redeemed by the Gift recipient, whichever occurs first. Gift recipients are not entitled to a refund or cooling off period, and you acknowledge that no refund will be made, except as required by law.

Now the gift was 'redeemed by the gift recipient' but obviously she cant play it because she doesnt have the base game and now there is no way to request a refund. So that kind o' sucks but hey I did get my refund and she has Xbox One so we can purchase the base game and all will be ok. :)
Thema:

1. I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund - Similar Threads - gifted game can’t

2. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  3. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  4. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  5. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  6. I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through: it was on the finals i paid for 1,150 and 500 then brought a season starter pack and it didnt go through 14fabd13-7039-420e-9d85-9f4efc1ecb16
  7. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c
  8. Can’t redeem a gift game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t redeem a gift game: Hi everybody, recently my friend gifted me a game, Pac Man CE 2, but its not on my console or anywhere else. Whenever i try to redeem the code again it says it was already redeemed. But it never...
  9. Can’t redeem game gift?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t redeem game gift?: Hey everyone, a few hours ago a friend gifted me the Forsaken DLC for Destiny 2, and for some reason I can’t seem to redeem the gift code. Whenever i put it in on mobile or the xbox it just...
  10. Can’t accept a game sent as a gift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t accept a game sent as a gift: Hello, today I bought UFC 3 and sent it as a gift to my younger brother(who I live with) however upon recieving the code in the email it tells him that he can’t accept the game because it’s coming...